Frequent Contributor

Yes, no thanks to all those microplastics floating around your blood stream.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother      I use a Corningware stovetop percolator....which is about 50 years old....

See the source image

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

With all the ill affects from plastics, I wll continue to use my stainless steel percolator...still going strong for 50 years.

Good point. Amazed that so many here consume 190 degree water being drawn through plastics.

Respected Contributor

@Reever 

This is a 1 cup at a time coffee brewer; totally different than a percolator. Try making 1 cup in a percolator. You are comparing two entirely different products. The reason I like it is because I am the only one who drinks coffee in my house and I can make 1 cup of good coffee in about a minute and be out the door. Also makes a cup of hot apple cider, hot chocolate, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have only had the "classic" Keurig, so I cannot comment on this model.  I like my Keurig since I live alone, and it is easy to make one cup of coffee quickly -- no leftover that I never drank, plus no grinds to throw out unless I use the cup you fill.  My first Keurig (purchased here) lasted for many years, but I thought I should buy a new one just in case it died.  I ordered the second one from Keurig, and it worked fine for 1 year and 2 months or so when it died.  I contacted Keurig, and they said the guaranty was out (after one year), but they would give me 20% off a new one plus some K cups.  I objected, and they finally agreed (as a great favor to me) to replace it with a new one -- no guaranty, and I had to pack up the broken one and send it to them.  The new one came, and it is working fine so far, but I have decided not to buy another Keurig when it dies.  I may consider other brands or just go back to my small "Mr. Coffee."  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@fairydogmother      I use a Corningware stovetop percolator....which is about 50 years old....

See the source image

Sadly the younger generation wants everything quick.@desertdi.   They have no time or patience to brew their own coffee. Theyd rather spend more than they need to.

New Contributor
@Firecat1984. I have never understood why people are willing so much for a cup of coffee. These Keurigs, and all machines like them, do not efficiently drain the flavor of coffee from the coffee grounds and waste a LOT of coffee. Coffee is very expensive right now, too. I only ever use One brand/flavor of coffee so this is useless to me even if I used the keurig kcup it would still be wasteful. I will forever keep my drip coffee maker and enjoy multiple cups of coffee in the morning using less coffee grounds than this cute little machine.
Contributor

Sam here with the Keurigs no lasting. Bought the Cuisinart one in 2014 and it still going strong.

Honored Contributor

@betteD wrote:

Yes, no thanks to all those microplastics floating around your blood stream.

Too late..microplastics are already in our rivers and streams and oceans and our drinking water. The fish and other sea creatures are full of them now as well as humans.

The source....polyester fabric.  Everytime we do laundry, we contribute to the problem.  Polyester fabric....no thanks.  It also doesn't break down in landfills.

Humans are destroying our environment.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC outside retail link