Honored Contributor

Re: Keurig k55 tsv is actually k40

@Reever wrote:

As long as it makes a cup of coffee who cares what model number it is..

You should always get what you are paying for.  And given the number of things you complain about, I really can't believe you would let this go.

If QVC was selling the K55, that is what people should be receiving.  As the OP explained, the K40 isn't being made anymore. Why would someone want an old, outdated unit for the price they paid?  They were paying for the newer unit.     

Trusted Contributor

I kicked the Keurig to the curb a while ago. Don’t like the idea of water sitting inside of it. Just seems like to would be a breeding ground for bacteria.

Anyhow if I purchased it I would expect it to be the model that was advertised. Not sure that is QVC’s fault. Keurig is the one manufacturing & packaging the product. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just got off the phone with customer service and was told that they are both the same, the #40 and the #55. I was told that it was an upgrade. Not sure what that means, maybe that they gave additional freebies with the pods and filters.

Rep. was not aware of anything about this. Checked with someone else.

Oh well, we still have the option to return until end of January.

Respected Contributor

I THINK they mentioned in the presentations that the TSV was the "old original Kuerig that everyone would like because it was so simple to operate" or some such clap-trap.

That's probably thier out. Maybe it became a 55 instead of a 40 because now it comes in colors, where the first ones were mostly black or white choices.

Don't know. But they should have made that point clearer. No matter what the reason, it makes one feel duped to find out what your bought is not what you thought it was.

Occasional Contributor

Was really upset when I saw they sent out email showing video how to use the k55 today but no email to say, hey we sent you a k40. Called again, they are personally going to go through boxes to find a k55 which I'm sure they won't. I think the biggest give away is that coffee maker came in brown box and not regular keurig box. Everyone should be aware of this and then let them choose what they want to do. 

Occasional Contributor

I think they said it was simple to use and didn't have a dashboard .. you just press button. But at no time did they said hey you're getting a k40

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Reever wrote:

As long as it makes a cup of coffee who cares what model number it is..

You should always get what you are paying for.  And given the number of things you complain about, I really can't believe you would let this go.

If QVC was selling the K55, that is what people should be receiving.  As the OP explained, the K40 isn't being made anymore. Why would someone want an old, outdated unit for the price they paid?  They were paying for the newer unit.     

I own a single cup Keurig model. Not sure what the model number is. It is a bare bones basic model that brews one cup and one K cup at a time. I missed the TSV. Was it one of those models where you fill a reservoir on the side and it can brew a carafe? Can someone post a picture of the K55 model.  If the K55 does filter the water and the K40 doesn't than I agree it was a deceptive sales tactic and QVC should be taken to task. 

Honored Contributor

If you google K40 vs K55 you will get some blogs/sites that show the differences.  I wouldn't settle for a K40 if I was supposed to get a K55.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

Despite what the marking is on the unit, the TSV appears to have all of the features of the K55 including the water filtration wand and cartridges, programmable feature, and the use of third party k-cups or choose your own coffee option. The former K40 (which is out of production) does not have the water filtration option or the use of third party cups.  If the unit did not have these options, I would also send mine back. 

Frequent Contributor

I just opened the box and sure enough it's a K40, it didn't even come in an original Keurig box. I contacted customer service and I'm waiting for a response. Not sure how they can get away with that, but I'm feeling pretty duped right now.