Respected Contributor

Re: Keurig = a plastic disaster

To all so offended by my post.....every bit of plastic waste hurts, no matter how you justify it.

New Contributor

I wouldn't dream of lecturing, however, after exhaustive research on the subject feel the need to share that it IS hard to beat the '69 Sears & Robuck Electric Percolator:

1.coffee flavour is always full-bodied, never hollow 2.leftovers stay warm for hours without that burned-from-too-long-on-hotplate taste 3.no more wondering if that mysterious needle is clean enough, and last and most of all--4. I'm not replacing poorly-made "disposable" coffee pots every year or so 

Now, don't get me started on the virtues of the pre-2018 top-loader Speed Queen washer...

Honored Contributor

We have had our Keurig for several years now and only once had to troubleshoot it.  Hubby drinks one, maybe two cups a day.  I only drink tea and I have a hot water spigot for that.  A percolater seems kinda wasteful for only one cup of coffee.  We do have a really good one made by Saladmaster and he wasn't using it before we got the Keurig.  It's a wonderful percolater, but we only used it when we had company.  Even when my father would come to visit, he just wanted Sanka.

Respected Contributor

I am right there with you... So shameful. People don’t care about our world.  Good luck to our children’s chilren, living with all the garbage landfills. 

Respected Contributor

The reality is that the best tasting coffee is made using a French Press.  Unfortunately everyone in America now has no patience. The millenials wants things instantaneously.  So these types of machines flourish. I do use both a Keurig and a French Press.  Trader Joe's makes biodegrabeable K Cups.   All companies could do so, and perhaps the Government needs to intervene. 

Trusted Contributor

Hey, that is right about disposable diapers!  What if someone told parents they had to go back to using cloth diapers, do you think they would like it?  Hypocrites that do not realize what they are saying.  Cloth you can wash, disposable just lays there with poop in it!  Yuck!

Honored Contributor

Love my Keurig K49614. Congratulations! Those ordering, TSV. Enjoy! 

Respected Contributor

OMG Keurig and the Q are stealing our future and our dreams.

How dare they!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the environmentally attuned are also aware of the great damage done by discarded brassieres.  Landfills are polluted with millions and millions of discarded ones every year.  

There have been start up companies attempting to recycle parts, but most still get tossed away.

Yet no one ever yells that QVC sells them.

Respected Contributor

Until the hectoring virtue signalers are  willing to give up ALL the conveniences that they claim are polluting our world - themselves -  I am not interested in hearing from them.