Respected Contributor

Millions upon millions of plastic container waste,,,,

Shameful

Honored Contributor

Re: Keurig = a plastic disaster

There are pods out there, not Keurig, that are biodegradable.  Also, my husband buys whole beans and uses the My K Cup.  No plastics disposed.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant   do you think that you are reporting on something new?  it's been this way for years. old news

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, here we go again: The Great Keurig Debate that sprouts up during every TSV.

Let me get this out of the way:  I love my Keurig....I will not stop using my Keurig, its offspring or successors or any of its plastic pods.

If you choose not to, that's fabulous, but so long as it's not illegal (that might change of course) I'll buy and use them.  More and more pods are recyclable if users bother to do it, but most plastic is not recycled any way.

Now we will have lectures about how to use an old fashion coffee pot, drip machine and Farberware percolator or the virtues of not drinking coffee at all.

Carry on.

Trusted Contributor

Just gave my two year old Keurig to Goodwill, enough said!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Millions upon millions of plastic container waste,,,,

Shameful

@ellaphant 

While I agree with you about the millions and millions of plastic waste, lots of which ends up in our oceans, as being shameful, Keurig is not the sole or even major contributor to this global problem.

You can't blame just Keurig for this disaster.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

In so far as so much waste using the pods, same song, same story that we have heard over and over again! They are a drop in the bucket when considering all the waste out there!

Esteemed Contributor

Wonder how many Keurig bashers go out for an iced coffee in a plastic cup and plastic straw and dump it in the trash?  Millions and millions and millions......

Respected Contributor

What about the millions and millions of disposable diapers that get dumped into landfills every year?  Google it and see how many years it takes for those puppies to decompose.  

Respected Contributor

Love kcups. I cut them up, throw in the trash & off to the landfill they go. I don't worry about my kcups bits polluting...they're lost in the tons of disposable diapers.