Super Contributor

I just rec'd my Keurig TSV  - it's to replace my previous one, which I LOVE. Just checking to see if others have issue with how "loud" the device is - don't know if I just got a bad one, but when heating up the water and even during the brewing process, the pump is extremely loud. Is this the norm with the K-Select?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I did not buy one because I have a "stash" of them.....lol...........can't live without one.....lol

But I did hear her say it was quiet !

Valued Contributor

I haven't find mine noisy at all.  It replaces my 4 yo Keurig and I am going to miss the 72 oz. tank!  My old one must have been declining for some time, I am getting a HOT cup of coffee now.  Guess it happens gradually.

Valued Contributor

@tl98466

I got mine today and set it up.  It IS loud.  Probably because the plastic is so thin. Oh,well. I hope it works out.  My Tassimo wasn't exactly quiet, either.   

I ordered this  because of the lack of variety for Tassimo.  I was down to ONE brand but I wasn't crazy about it.  I want a good satisfying cup of coffee first thing in the AM.  

I almost ordered the K55 before.  We have one at work and it works very well, but it is too large for my kitchen.  

I made the hot chocolate and one cup of coffee.  They were pretty good, but I will be able to tell tomorrow when I get up.  Of course, I am not well-acquainted with the different brands of K-cups yet.  I usually buy Starbucks for the crew at work.

It is so hard to appliance shop.  I just want one that works well and holds up for a reasonable amount of time.   Good luck with yours!

Honored Contributor

I’ve had several through the years and use mine everyday. Yes it is a little noisy but not enough for me not to use it. I have the personal size we take on vacation. Can’t live without our Keurig. Enjoy.☕️

Esteemed Contributor

My first one was the best..lasted long long time.  Next one poor quality, gave it away to my daughter  who wanted to try it out.  My third one is a piece of junk (I am  being polite).  Flimsy beyond words.  Wish I could roll back time.  

Super Contributor

I passed on the TSV. I am hoping they will bring the new Kuerig Elite. A little more expensive but I like it.

Honored Contributor

I love Keurig and have been using them for years.  If they would make a Stainless Steel quality brewer (like the qulity in an espresso maker....  I'd pay for it!  But unfortunately their money is in these "disposable" models.... Woman Frustrated  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@tl98466

I'm sorry to hear about your unit being loud.  I purchased the December Keurig TSV and love it.  It is the K55 with the K40 heating unit.  It heats up very quickly and I do not notice the noise.

Maybe it has to do with which model # the heating unit is?