Contributor

Keurig TSV for tomorrow 11/11/15

I recently tried to sell my Keurig and no one was interested. I even offered to give it away... does anyone else feel this fad has passed?  It's bulky, expensive and truly inconvient (In my opinion)  Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Keurig TSV for tomorrow 11/11/15

No, I don't but I think Keurig made a huge mistake with their 2.0's.  It's simply (from what I've heard) just not made as well.   I've had a Keurig since they hit the market and they kept getting  better and better.  Now I have one that has the largest water bin, heats to over 190 degrees, has a button for tot water and have had it for a couple of years already.  I used to make a pot every morning from my regular machine and if it sat more than 1/2 hour it tasted bitter.  I'd throw away more than 1/2 pot every morning.  I tried making 1/2 pots but they never turned out as well.  So for me, the cost of the pods has turned out to be cheaper in the long run than buying filters, buying the coffee and throwing away pots of coffee in the morning.... and it tastes far better~!

I've just been waiting for Keurig to develop a truly stainless steel model!  With a quality stainless housing and stainless parts...  I'd be willing to pay for it!!

But unless Keurig bumps up their quality like it was in the beginning I'll think twice about buying Keurig brand again.... but I'll always buy a single-serving pod machine.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

This is not for anyone trying to go a bit greener.

Trash from the K-Cups sold last year would circle the Earth almost 11 times!

If you must use this please use re-usable filters or biodegradeable pods.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Keurig. Thats all I'm sayin'. I'm sure someone will come up with a  k-cup that doesn't effect the enviorment soon.

( Not the new 2.0 model,but  the first one or even the single cup.)

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I love my Keurig. Thats all I'm sayin'. I'm sure someone will come up with a  k-cup that doesn't effect the enviorment soon.

( Not the new 2.0 model,but  the first one or even the single cup.)

@MalteseMomma

I've been buying San Francisco Bay "k"-cups for years now.  They're very popular on Amazon and not that expensive:  on subscribe and save, I get 80 cups for $23-25.  Coffee is great - tried just about all flavors - and they're biodegradable.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

This is not for anyone trying to go a bit greener.

Trash from the K-Cups sold last year would circle the Earth almost 11 times!

If you must use this please use re-usable filters or biodegradeable pods.

You can tear them apart and recycle the bits that need to be.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the San Francisco Bay one cups (k-cups), too.  I love that they're bio-degradable.  Their french roast is what I like.  They're made by Rogers Family Coffee, and I buy them from their website.  Amazon sells them, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

New Contributor

I am anti-keurig since 2.0 came out.  Keurig got greedy and I am done with them ever since.  I won't buy anything Green Mountain, Keurig, etc.  If it won't fit my Keurig 1.0, I won't have anything to do with it.  But, I love my Keurig 1.0 and all the generic coffee pods that go with it.  You could pay me to purchase a 2.0 out of principle.  The backlash I have seen has not been pleasant and Keurig deserves it!  I just don't appreciate greed or dishonesty.  That's all I'm saying.  But the 1.0 was very convenient and I like all the colors QVC used to offer.  I still love QVC.

New Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more on Keurigs mistake.  And since Keurig has had to lay off so many after the action of 2.0 and their greed, I think it's clear it's a mistake.  What's worse is they won't admit it, they just keep trying to force this garbage down the unsuspecting who don't do their home work.  I am off tomorrow for Veterans Day and won't be watching as I can't support such dishonesty on the part of Keurig.  I love QVC but not tomorrow.

New Contributor

I am with you, Love my Keuig 1.0 and the Greenies need to chill out.  They don't have to buy it, they are so preachy!  I buy many brands that are very "green" friendly but it's no one business but mines.  I won't judge you and your coffee pot. :")