Frequent Contributor

I wanted to add.    Of course I have had the Ninja Coffee Bar one day.  But the single cup brew I made on it last night was 10 times better than anything I hav gotten out of a Keruig. So Disappointed.  I really wanted Keruig to work for me ..

Valued Contributor

@katieqr wrote:

I wanted to add.    Of course I have had the Ninja Coffee Bar one day.  But the single cup brew I made on it last night was 10 times better than anything I hav gotten out of a Keruig. So Disappointed.  I really wanted Keruig to work for me ..

I have seen the commercials for this product, and have a question I hope that you or someone could answer, although I have a Keurig and have been happy with it for years. What kind of cups does the Ninja use? Can it use K cups? Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Keurig TSV Dec 9th

[ Edited ]

I have 4 Keurigs..I just got the K450 and I love it...It once again allows you to use the MY K-CUP..and although this model doesn't allow you to use other brands of coffee..the way around it is this....take any Keurig Brand K-Cup and just cut the top off of it..of course after you have used it....and the take that little circle piece and tape it to the top of any K-Cup that you have that isn't Keurig and it will accept it....I usually only by Keurig K Cups but I have some that aren't and when I got this new machime I thought I wasn't going to be able to use them..I didn't really care because I have 2 other machines that will take them..but I did what I explained and it worked!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone who responded to my question.  I'm going to pass on this and look for something eles.  I know that they can make those Kcups to fit any machine, if they wanted too.  I really get tired of tactics.  I think I'll stick with heating a cup of water in my microwave to get a kettle and use instant coffee.

Frequent Contributor

Answering question about Ninja Coffee Bar.  The Ninja doesn't take pods at all. You use your own coffee.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Get an iCoffee instead! 

I replaced my old keurig with one and love it! Noticed how much better the coffee tasted when I took my dirt sip. I learned about iCoffee from a thread here - rave reviews! Comes with a reusable filter & it uses all brands k-cups. 

Trusted Contributor

I see it does not come with the carafe, but you can buy it separately?  Also, if you use the carafe will the larger carafe k cups fit into this? If not, how do you make 4 cups in the carafe?

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

I have a 2.0 450.  For what it's worth, I also found the coffee brewed with the 2.0 to be weak.  However, I realized that if I brew regular k cups on the vue setting, the results are fantastic.  Putting a neon orange sticker on the k cup where the sensor reads the k cup unlocks the full 2.0 menu.  I keep a sheet of stickers where I store my coffee.  this will also allow you to brew any k cup (even the non branded ones without the white ring around the k cup lid) in the 2.0.

Honored Contributor
Shame on QVC for promoting Keurig! Although the company has magnanimously promised to make their K Cups recyclable by 2020 QVC has the power to make them act more quickly and they choose not to. Yes you can take them apart but the fact that there are 15 billion in landfills tells me people just aren't taking the time to do that
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the TSV. It's my very first Keurig, and from what I can see so far, I just love it. I love the turquoise too. 

I drink decaf coffee, so I went to Dunkin Donuts and bought a few boxes of their K-cups. Using my DD app and card, I got a discount. Although it still was pricey, I wanted to try it and see how it comes out. 

The coffee came out absolutely delicious. It was very very strong, so I was actually able to brew 16 oz of coffee with one K cup! I took a carafe I have in the house, removed the drip tray, and I was good to go. I brewed 10 ounces and set it on "strong." Then when it was done, I lifted the handle and then set it for 6 ounces, strong. The coffee was just perfect for me! Getting 16 ounces out of one K cup was pretty good, and I didn't feel so bad about the cost. Today I am going to figure out how the refillable cup works, and try it with my ground DD coffee. 

As long as the machine continues to work as well as it does now, it's a keeper! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett