Regular Contributor

Keurig Oversold -- Backordered.

Purchased a white Keurig 2 days ago when they had hundreds left.  Was in process for 2 days then switched to "Backordered" today.....but is still on sale on this site with no notice to the consumer that is was backordered.  Customer service says it was "oversold".  This info was/is with-held from the consumer.  I know this is a small thing in life but had to let them know that I am a STRONG STAND for truth in advertising and have had this happen to me several times before at QVC.  Anyone who didn't want to wait (if they had been informed) could have gotten a deal close to this one from another seller.

Q isn't playing fair and needs to stop this ****** and reported to the FTC.  Will be done.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Keurig Oversold -- Backordered.

@wise decision I do apologise for any inconvenicence. We are working hard to get more inventory with hopes that it will be available soon. If you need further assistance please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com 

Regular Contributor

Is that the Keurg that was the TSV the other day now available in K44622 at a higher price in all colors?  I guess they realized there was such a demand that they now feel they can sell more at this higher price if people really want it.  

Trusted Contributor

Mine is still in process.

They better process it to my door by the EDD or I'm gonna be p****ssed!

Regular Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@wise decision I do apologise for any inconvenicence. We are working hard to get more inventory with hopes that it will be available soon. If you need further assistance please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

@Wayne, the point no one will address is WHY are you selling it NOW and not letting people know it is on backorder (the white) and WHY did you not inform the customer last Sunday.  QVC is intentionally withholding the info that it is NOT in stock and this is deliberately keeping the customer from making an informed decision.  It is dishonest and the Q does this at the customer's "expense".

i ordered mine on sunday the 4th at 1130am and as of wed the 7th 230am its still on process

I received mine today, but when I looked at the receipt I saw $7.50 S&H. I thought it was free shipping. Am I mistaken?

Trusted Contributor

@wise decision wrote:

Purchased a white Keurig 2 days ago when they had hundreds left.  Was in process for 2 days then switched to "Backordered" today.....but is still on sale on this site with no notice to the consumer that is was backordered.  Customer service says it was "oversold".  This info was/is with-held from the consumer.  I know this is a small thing in life but had to let them know that I am a STRONG STAND for truth in advertising and have had this happen to me several times before at QVC.  Anyone who didn't want to wait (if they had been informed) could have gotten a deal close to this one from another seller.

Q isn't playing fair and needs to stop this ****** and reported to the FTC.  Will be done.

You are overreacting and demonstrate a lack of understanding of how electronic retailing works.

When QVC sold you the item, their system did show hundreds lefr.  What you hjae to understand that this number is a forecast.  It take into account actual orders along with anticipated cancellations as many times people order, then cancel within hours of orderin.  It also takes ino account those who will order by check and never send the check in.  It also includes anticipated inentory from the supplier.  If any of these estimates or off, it will cause issues.

Why not just go by actual numbers?  Because QVC would end up with excess inentory that it may not be able to liquidate because cancellations would till occur.  This also dos not take into account supply issues.  (What if Keurig ships the wrong colors or too few of a color?)

There is nothing nefarious going on here.  You are upset because you waited until the last minute when inventory was limited, and now you have to wait.  Complaining to the FTC would be silly and get no results because this is an honest mistake.  This is not bait-and-switch or anything like that.  Again, it is mino -- move on.

Valued Contributor

Just cancel it - Keurigs are terrible anyway. Buy a Technivorm.

Valued Contributor

I recently got into using a french press and won't ever go back to a keurig or any other kind of coffee maker.....yep, it's that good.