Respected Contributor

Kansas City Steak Co. TSV 5/11

[ Edited ]

Today's Special Value® - Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Kansas City Steak Co. Medallions & Tenderloin Tips

QVC Price: $73.50/$109.50 TSV Price: $59.99/$89.99

Regular Contributor

Re: Kansas City Steak Co. TSV 5/11

Looks good, but we are a vegetarian household. Meat lovers enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Mmm. Considering. Have missed having some KS steaks in the freezer, ready to go.

I eat and buy very little red meat, but like a good steak or filet every now and then and much prefer the flavor of KS to Ristelli...they taste very different to me.

Bought Ristelli filets during the lockdown in 2020, because that is what was offered. They were fine but just had a different flavor than what I'm used to in a filet. They were tender and lean, and I wound up using them in several beef stews I made, and it was delicious that way.

Thanks for posting @banned again ...I may buy these.

Esteemed Contributor

You get a mixed bag of cuts - good or chewy or like stew meat.  Low percentage of tender pieces. 

Too pricey for no quality control..............

Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried this TSV? Considering for making kabobs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

You get a mixed bag of cuts - good or chewy or like stew meat.  Low percentage of tender pieces. 

Too pricey for no quality control..............

@fthunt , these are all tenderloin filet mignon.  You get medallions and tips.  It's not really a mixed bag of cuts. Everyone knows what you are buying.  

I've bought meat from my local store and sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't.  

Honored Contributor

Other than kabobs, I don't see this TSV as something summertime grillers would want. Some nice steaks would be appealing.

Respected Contributor

I don't eat steak often (so this much would last me some time), but when I do I like filet mignon.  I've looked at some of these sets in the past but this looks to be the best configuration and price.  I do wish they didn't put 4 medallions in a pack because I'd likely only be wanting 2 at a time.  I'm still thinking about whether I want to give this a try...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the only time I bought these was the last time I bought them. Mine did not look as lovely as the ones on TV--Most were not 2 oz medallions  but stew size pieces with lots of gristle. could never skewer them on  kabab stick without splitting. Yes they did taste good but had to de- gristle them most times---- have never had any good luck with KCS--bought a prime rib roast once that had a huge 2 inch band of gristle right thru the whole roast----it wasn't fat that would melt it was chewy hard gristle---I did get a replacement that was acceptable ---won't order from them.

Respected Contributor

So what is the difference between the recent TS at $59.99 and M66117 now on sale for $51.26?

Kansas City (16) 2-oz Tenderloin Medallions

product thumbnail

QVC PRICE:$68.35
SALE PRICE:$51.26
25% Off the QVC Price

+Free Standard S&H

or 5 Easy Pays of $10.25