Esteemed Contributor

Re: KANSAS CITY STEAKBURGERS!

I just ordered the cheddar-bacon burgers.  

The price seemed high, but with the prices soaring at the supermarket, it's really a good deal for the convenience and, hopefully, for a great-tasting burger!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

People pronounce words differently in various regions of the country, LOL.  You wouldn't believe how some non-New Englanders pronounce some of our cities and towns.  Here, we've always said "Vi-dahl-ya.  West coasters will be triggered, but people in our region have always said "Ore-gone" rather than "Ore-ginn" for the state of Oregon.  It sounds similar to 'Pentagon'.  It doesn't bother me in the least; in fact, I think it's kind of charming to hear the regional dialects of people from other states.  I always know someone is not from New England if they say ANT for the word 'Aunt'.  Why don't they learn to pronounce it correctly?  Hmm... If a person moves to a different region, they will gradually correct their pronunciation once they start socializing with the natives.  🙂. 

Trusted Contributor

I remember these so well and my mother, when she was here, loved when I made them for her. So I saw these with a lot of nostalgia.

imlookedmat the nutritional info. All,of a sudden I saw 1g or 1.5g of trans fat and was perplexed. Where is that coming from, does anybody here know?

thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

THANK GOODNESS that David Venable pronounced "VIDALIA" onion correctly.  He is southern...from North Carolina and if he didn't know how to pronounce vidalia....I would have called his momma and she would have pulled his ears all the way back home to North Carolina...  LOL.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

THANK GOODNESS that David Venable pronounced "VIDALIA" onion correctly.  He is southern...from North Carolina and if he didn't know how to pronounce vidalia....I would have called his momma and she would have pulled his ears all the way back home to North Carolina...  LOL.

See the source image

Truth! I watched him last night just to make sure; he did not let me down Smiley Happy He was not going to mess with his mama or his southern viewers!

Respected Contributor

Agree their products were always very good. I even use to buy direct from them. When I found out after doing some investigation that they were selling my information including phone number to various charities I stopped. Yes, I opted out of this unfortunately not before my information was already in the hands of many. It’s been years since I ordered from them so can’t say about current state of their products.
Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

See the source image

Truth! I watched him last night just to make sure; he did not let me down Smiley Happy He was not going to mess with his mama or his southern viewers!

@Carolina925 ....LOL, we think alike...both of making sure he pronounced it correctly.  HA HA.....I love it.

Honored Contributor

I haven't ever ordered any food via QVC, but these looked delicious!  Do they come frozen?  My concern is this hot weather.  It was 100F actual temperature today.  Just awful.  I don't think food delivery via mail would be a good idea today. 

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@kittykatkay , THANK YOU!!! I cringed this morning when I watched the encore presentation and both the host and presenter mispronounced Vidalia. One would think if they're trying to sell Vidalia onion burgers, it wouldn't have been too difficult to learn the pronunciation. I know it's a little thing to most, but it's not to me. If one was from Wichita, would they mind if people called it Wa-CHEET-a? How about calling Seattle, SEE-tle. I'm not in Vidalia but am in their listening area on our local news. There was a news reporter who kept saying it wrong, a different way every time. I wrote the network and asked them to please school him on the correct pronunciation. A simple Google search would tell them how to say it...grrrr Smiley Happy

The representative from Kansas City steaaks is named Ralph. I also noted he was mispronouncing Vidalia and called QVC to get them to correct it.   The representative informed me several people had already called in about the matter.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

The representative from Kansas City steaaks is named Ralph. I also noted he was mispronouncing Vidalia and called QVC to get them to correct it.   The representative informed me several people had already called in about the matter.

============================

Reever oh Reever.  Why does this not surprise me one bit.