Respected Contributor

What do you think of this tsv? 8 piece set.

Respected Contributor

I can get this size at my grocery store for $1.99.  Seems over-priced to me, especially when I add the S & H

Honored Contributor

They look heavy duty and worth it to me.  Much more than your $1.99 bag, not the same thing by any manner of means.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

To be honest, I'd be afraid that the baggers would fill them so full that they'd be too heavy. They look too big for me. 

And I only live 3 miles from the grocery store. I don't need them to be insulated. 

If I HAD ordered them, I would have wanted the Isaac prints which are now on waitlist. I didn't care for the other selections. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

I ordered them. First, I needed a larger tote to bring my lunch and snacks to work. I am eating healthy and needed a bigger tote to bring breakfast, lunch, fruit, yogurt etc. to work with me. Plus the ice packs.

I also ordered them so my husband could use them for tailgating. The truck is so packed that we struggle with the hard coolers. So, I needed some totes that are waterproof - that will take loose ice - and are not rigid so we can squeeze them in. Not all insulated bags will take loose ice.

We also have to travel a bit for a "good" grocery store. So, I will definitely use these for that purpose.

I honestly didn't need the solid color bags (that don't zip) but I am sure I will find a use for them. They will probably be good to use instead of the standard grocery store reusable bags.

Highlighted
Contributor

I just received my bags, the Issac prints are lovely as well as the size of the bags.  These are keepers.

Honored Contributor

@tayea14. Nowhere in the description or in the presentation has it been said what these things are made of.  Very strange but I'm thinking coated paper or cardboard.  Perhaps you could enlighten us since you've handled them?  I'm dubious as to how much wear and tear they could take.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Anchorage recently went to no plastic bags from businesses and paper ones are 10 cents each. So carry your own. With shipping this set comes to just a bit over $50 so it is a no for me.

Super Contributor

I use the $.99 totes from Marshall’s and TJMaxx for non perishable items. They are made of hundred percent polypropylene, very strong, approximately 17” x 20”. They are by the check out area. 

Respected Contributor
First of all they are too wide to fit in my cart that I use to bring groceries from car to condo. Not buys new cart to accommodate the bags! Secondly, I have the patriotic ones from last bag TSV. They are narrower but taller, honestly they are almost too heavy for me to lift when full but I deal with them anyway. I do use ice packs in the summer for groceries. Because of my living arrangements I like using a zippered bag because don’t really want neighbors viewing my groceries when I get home with them, just a personal preference thing. I did find with the set I have that the zippers had been cheapened over prior versions purchased on Q. All the stores where I shop still offer paper or plastic and I do use those for trash.