Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Bagels TSV 1/26

[ Edited ]

@nooni    I sure couldn't find them on Amazon  other than 48 plain bagels for $80.  Doesn't sound like a better price to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I think these bagels are great.  I'm born and raised in the Bronx; they do not lie about the authenticity and taste of these bagels!

The most important benefit of these, besides the way they are cooked, is that they are shipped the day they are made.  They arrive to you ambient temperature.  But then you need to immediately freeze them to maintain their freshness and quality.  If you just keep them in your refrigerator, I don't care how great there were on day 1, on day 3 or 4 you will have ordinary, chewy, blah tasting bagels.  

I always slice each one in half -- they are not pre-sliced, again to protect the freshness. Then I wrap each half separately and freeze.  I do that because many times I only eat half a bagel at a time.  But also because you can heat/toast it right from frozen.  Heating a whole frozen bagel may have it still frozen on the inside, while only the outside gets a warm golden crisp.

That slicing and individual wrapping & freezing takes more effort, but so incredibly well worth it.

I really like your idea, @Caaareful Shopper .  On my next batch I'm gonna store them as mentioned.  I, too, usually have a half; however, once my Eddy gets the wiff (actually once he hears the toaster toastingWoman LOL), I have to share:  that's why I haven't ordered the savory, but perhaps using your method, I may be able to do that.

Esteemed Contributor
Regular Contributor

Can you really switch up the flavors with auto-delivery as the host said?  So, if I ordered plain and next auto-delivery I decide I want savory, for instance, can I do that?

Honored Contributor

@Wildapple wrote:

Can you really switch up the flavors with auto-delivery as the host said?  So, if I ordered plain and next auto-delivery I decide I want savory, for instance, can I do that?

@Wildapple - I've been able to switch in the past.  If you go into your A/D order and it won't let you (sometimes there's a glitch in the Q's system), just contact CS and get them to do it for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Bagels TSV 1/26

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@bajsf @Venezia   I like the idea of combining..   but which would you combine?  Venezia,  I don't think she meant combining within the bags.  I would love a selection of 2 plain, 1 cinn raisin and 1 sesame (or poppy).  I think that would be a fun choice.   I get all plain,  which I prefer anyway,  but this would work for me too and be a nice option to switch off.    Great idea.

@nyc1 - The current A/D I have that ends next month, was called "Favorites" and it included a pack of plain, blueberry, French toast and cinnamon raisin.  That's the widest assortment I think I've seen.

This time I've ordered one of the "Sweet" assortment and one "Savory".  The only thing they don't include is plain, so I'll just have to order them separately, if I run out (right now I'm okay).

You can always send in a suggestion for them to include sweet and savory in the same offer.

ETA:  I just received my TSV order.  Shipped yesterday, got it today.  And I'm on my way to slice and freeze them!

Honored Contributor

I want to see authentic Jewish bagels ---- they are the best.  They are dense not airy like these bagels they are selling.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the sweet set of Just Bagels. The blueberry look so delicious.

Can't wait to get them.

I also found out by reading reviews on the bagel site that Weis Markets

grocery store carries some of their flavors. I will have to look for them,

may try other flavors.

Respected Contributor

60 carbs each.  Yikes.  I'll pass.   They look delicious, though.

Regular Contributor

Well, yeah, they're bagels. Made of flour.  
I ended up getting all three on auto delivery. Want to try them and see which is best.