Trusted Contributor

June 25 TSV-Pilates chair price $230 with handles. Worth it?

I missed out on the TSV last year for $180 because I wanted a certain color.  Would not purchase since as I did not want to pay the $200..  Now it will be more because of the handles-$50 more.  Is this machine worth it?  I have the regular 5 cord pilates machine.

Thanks ahead for your opinions.

Respected Contributor

Re: June 25 TSV-Pilates chair price $230 with handles. Worth it?

@kjae wrote:

I missed out on the TSV last year for $180 because I wanted a certain color.  Would not purchase since as I did not want to pay the $200..  Now it will be more because of the handles-$50 more.  Is this machine worth it?  I have the regular 5 cord pilates machine.

I wonder whether they were ready to launch this "enhanced" version. The "10 Makeover Moves" poster included shows no exercises with the new handles. Of the 6 DVDs, one shows the chair with the new handles, and I have to wonder whether the others have any exercises for it. I don't know if they're old or not.

That's just my take on it with the information shown in the preview. I'm sure when it's presented they'll show a number of moves involving the handles, and perhaps the poster will be updated. It's a cute device and I was tempted last year by the old one, but realized I'll do better sweating it out in the company of other old fogeys like myself.

Valued Contributor

@kjae wrote:

@kjae

I have done Pilates with a private trainer for about 10 years or more and take a mat Pilates class.

I purchased the last years TSV in green and love it!

I have been having some problems for the last several months and haven't done much in the working out department, unfortunately, however the chair I feel is great.  I also really like one specific work out from the DVD.  I emailed their customer service and was able to purchase access to the exercises on streaming online (since my computer doesn't have a DVD slot) That was only $10 dollars and super helpful.

The chair itself is very well constructed and nice looking.  I keep it out in my bedroom and it gives a nice pop of color Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I returned it when it was a tsv (w/o the arms) because I was one of those who got defective tapes. I saw on the board that others were struggling to get non defective tapes (the Q was referring customers to the vendor but the vendor was not returning calls; the Q rep I spoke to told me to return it so I did but I was terribly disappointed).  

I'm glad to see it again and am willing to try again.  Is this available for pre-order, and if so where might I find the item number?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickelEmily wrote:

I returned it when it was a tsv (w/o the arms) because I was one of those who got defective tapes. I saw on the board that others were struggling to get non defective tapes (the Q was referring customers to the vendor but the vendor was not returning calls; the Q rep I spoke to told me to return it so I did but I was terribly disappointed).  

I'm glad to see it again and am willing to try again.  Is this available for pre-order, and if so where might I find the item number?  

@kjae @noodleann @NickelEmily -- I am wondering if there's an item #, too🙂

Regular Contributor

I found it! A twelve seven eighty four. 

Respected Contributor

@NickelEmily F, not A.

Respected Contributor

The TSV with handles is just $9 more than the original chair, and it has two additional DVDs, so that seems like a good deal. But I'm sorry it's not offered in grey, like the original.

Honored Contributor

I just might buy this chair.  I have been looking at recumbent stationary bikes but this would take up so much less room.  Not sure if the handles are a benefit though.  

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

What do you do with the handles? Do they have some resistance?