Valued Contributor

i own so many 100 precent cotton shirts and never need ironing. none of Joan rivers items. 

Valued Contributor

Re: July 24 TSV Joan Rivers

[ Edited ]

I just received this blouse in red, size Large.  I adore the wonderful soft feel of the fabric.  This blouse runs large IMO. I'm on the large side of a size large (44-45" bust) and this is definitely a big shirt on me. I just got it so haven't washed it, but I may take in a bit at the sides to taper the waist. If I were on the smaller side of a large, I would consider it much looser than I would be willing to wear.  I was afraid I would look larger in this plaid and style, but the soft fabric seems to be preventing that.

I'm not a fan of this particular plaid, but I am so comfortable in this fabric, I'm keeping it.  The plaid does line up across the front.  The rest really doesn't show as there is just a little fabric in horitizontal pattern under the arm..and mine does line up there.  The bottom part of the back of course would not line up because it runs on the diagonal. 

I look fine from the front and side...don't look pregnant which is why I normally shy away from big shirts.  I can't see myself from the rear.  Fabric does wrinkle. I've had the blouse on for less than a half hour and it is very wrinkled in the inside of the elbow and at my lap.  I will try to wash and dry tonight and post update on what wrinkles come out of the wash in case that helps anyone on the fence.

Trusted Contributor

It's too long for petites, and this line never matches plaids or stripes at the seam, and I'm not talking about the parts of this shirt that are cut on the bias.  I'm sure they did that to hide the fact they don't match their seams.

Super Contributor

I for one love the shirt, except for those giant, goofy pockets.  I like the back of the shirt, I like the length and the fact the front and back unbutton.  I just think the pockets should and would have looked sooo much better on seam or on a princess seam.  But to slap oversize  patch pockets on the front and then to place them on the diagonal ( so they really stand out).   Not in style, not my style.    

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm hyper sensitvie to tunic lengths because I'm 5'3" with short heavy legs, but given this style, I would not want this shirt any shorter.  I just raised my arms to make it appear shorter, and didn't feel that helped it.  The shirt is a lot shorter on the sides (at the very top of my legs)  which must explain why I don't feel it makes my legs look stunted. 

I will just add in case there is anyone reading who does like this shirt:  the pockets are the shirt's best feature.  They definitley slenderize.  If the diagonal pockets weren't there, I'm pretty sure I would not like this shirt because it would just look like a shirt that is too big for me.

Anyway, I don't care if everyone hates this shirt, I just hope that my adding a different perspective is helpful to anyone who is uncertain.  I admit when I ordered the shirt the other day, and today seeing it on TV, I really thought I was making a mistake.  But seeing it on and especially feeling the great fabric, I'm happy.

p.s.  I have always loved the QVC forum (Bulletin Boards as it used to be called) because I enjoy learning the different viewpoints.  It makes me mad when someone gets bent out of shape because people hate something she loves, like it's some kind of personal criticism....honestly!

Honored Contributor

Not for me.

And most definitely not for Joan.  

Trusted Contributor

If it weren't for the diagonal parts, I'd have bought the navy. Instead I bought Joan's seersucker shirt A287176 on clearance. It's supposed to be wrinkled, sort of.

Respected Contributor
I think it's a cute top. I got the red.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Amy looked cute in the red. I'm re-thinking it in red & navy.

She took it off, is it too casual for Inspired Style, she didn't like it or what?

Valued Contributor

I think Amy kept changing into clothes being sold by the next guest...Logo, Isaac 

My washing report on the TSV blouse:  I machine washed cold hand wash cycle, per the directions and it is now hanging to dry.  I gave it several good shakes, and keep passing it smoothing it with my hands. It definitely is wrinkled.

Will I wear it that way? Maybe.  The plaid somewhat hides the wrinkles, but so far I'm thinking it needs to be pressed in the front.  I find ironing and steaming to be equal chores, don't like either, but I feel sloppy wearing knit tops all the time.  At least this fabric won't require big deal ironing. I think a quick pressing will do.  The good thing is the hem did not curl and the front placket is straight and not wrinkled.