Trusted Contributor

Joy's towels - SPANDEX IN TOWELS Good or Not

Will they remain wet for a long time hung on the towel bar? I dislike TOWELS that remain wet when I want to use them again several hours later. ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS SPECIAL? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Joy's towels - SPANDEX IN TOWELS Good or Not

I don't think the spandex will affect drying time. However, spandex is one of those materials that loses it's stretch and recovery properties after exposing it to heat, for example in the dryer. So imo, the spandex in these towels is not going to last if you dry them as usual in a hot dryer like most people do. It's a gimmick.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee GOOD POINT! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

i only buy turkish or egyptian cotton towels.......

Super Contributor

Yah, I don't really get the spandex bit -- towel "fit" is not a big concern for me lol.  However I might try her memory foam mat for in front of our sink, that looks like it might be a nice treat!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Spandex in towels?  Why on earth would they need that?  Seems like another marketing ploy.

I also look for Eygptian or Turkish towels; the new Hygro-Cotton is supposed to be very good.  (The Scott brothers had this as a recent TSV.)  Kohl's actually has this now in their Sonoma brand.  I love their towels.  I have to resist buying new ones just because I like the new colors.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  Those Scott Bros knows how to make a towel for sure.  I have a set of their hydro-towels and they are FANTASTIC!!!  I have never felt towels like these before I swear. What a buy it was too - set of 6 (2 or each) beautiful white perfect for my bathroom.

I haven't put them out yet but I did wash them when I got them. Can I say fluffier than they were prior to washing????  Oh my what a buy.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the TSV she had several months ago, without the Spandex. I would have been happier if she ran that again. Those towels rock! No shedding and they dry quickly. Why mess with a good thing just for marketing? They are still available, just not at the lower price.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD- Darn!  Now I'm probably going to have to go buy some of the towels at Kohl's!!!  I have 30% off till tomorrow.  You enabler, you!  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, you are absolutely correct about the Scott Brothers towels.  They are wonderful.  One of them said (I cannot remember as I get them mixed up) that they would get fluffier in the dryer if no fabric softener or dryer sheets were used.  I was so surprised that there was no static.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!