Respected Contributor

Nope. not for me.  I love my Don Aslett velcro pad mop- Works perfectly.  Maybe this is OK, but when I recently prdered ehr hangers- they were junky and broke within days- 

One thing I do love from her are the towels that remain soft even with hard water, and don't bleach out in spots. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

I got the gold mop and bucket.  Agree that it would have been nice if the bucket was part of the TS.   I used my spendable Kash, so that offset part of the high cost of the bucket.  Didn't know about the magazine refund - I would have used it - don't need GH magazine.

@twinsister you can still get the $8 magazine rebate. Just look for the rebate card in your shipment. Should be included with the invoice.

@Chi-town girl - thanks!  I will definitely do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

I got the gold mop and bucket.  Agree that it would have been nice if the bucket was part of the TS.   I used my spendable Kash, so that offset part of the high cost of the bucket.  Didn't know about the magazine refund - I would have used it - don't need GH magazine.

there is a link to the rebate offer right on the item page. you can print it out now if you like.

@sunshine45 - thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@judahsma wrote:

There is a $10 off $10+ purchase for "selected customers" that you can try (Code 158086).  I'm not sure how they decided who the selected customers are, so it may not work for you.  It doesn't work on the Today's Special or Clearance, but it does work on the bucket. 

I just tried 158086 on the bucket- $4.95 it's worth (definitely not $14.95!!). But the coupon wouldn't work- guess I'm not that special to hsn!! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I chuckled at some of the presentation of the mop--Rolls Royce of mops, world launch, buy an extra as a collectors' item, etc.  It has been fun to watch a bit, and I do look forward to mopping!  Honestly, any items which help us have an interest in cleaning is a good thing! 

I wonder how many mops they brought in to start.  Sales were over 200,000 when I tuned out for fear I would buy more collectors' item mops.  What a coup for HSN and Joy too. 

Honored Contributor

I vowed after multiple returns of Joy junk and being stuck with breaking/broken/tossed in the trash Joy junk, I am done with everything Joy.  The final straw was when the third zipper broke off my beauty case.  Bye bye Joy!   

Regular Contributor

Did notice that this morning the gold mop (and all other colors) are all available.  The gold had "sold out" in the first presentation.  But is in stock now. 

Valued Contributor

@wise decision wrote:

Did notice that this morning the gold mop (and all other colors) are all available.  The gold had "sold out" in the first presentation.  But is in stock now. 

I noticed that as well.  Same price and still comes with the GH magazine. The only difference was no shipping special.  Wonder why it's still at the TS price?

I only ordered one to try it out.  I was tempted to buy another and/or mop or mop head but will wait to be sure I like the mop.

Joy has so many TS's on HSN that I'm sure the mop and hopefully bucket option will be back in the future. I'll order more then if I like it.

Respected Contributor

I have a few Don Aslett mops. The pads are great--right into the wash. But the spin mops clean better (you have to change a pad to rinse on the Aslett.) 

I ended up with one Spin n Go with NO step pedal and it's awesome. I thought nothing would replace my Aslett mops but this does a better job. A friend convinced me. 

You need to buy a few extra mop heads, because when you clean, you can pop them off by simply standing on the strands, and then toss it right in the washing machine. No worse than Aslett mopping and it gets under the baseboards better and you can rinse, rinse rinse. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Aslett mops cause I can just change the pads for each room. 

I got the bucket and extra mop head but no mop from HSN today.  Looks like it will be at least a week till I get the mop.   And I wanted gold but settled for teal so it's annoying to know they have more available now.  Anyone received their mop yet?