Esteemed Contributor

Just want to update my previous post.

This morning I opened a big bottle (smelled somewhat better that tiny bottle) and cleaned my stove and microwave - both black appliances which shows everything.  Well, the stove looks like a brand-new appliance, like right from the store!  Those smoothe cooktops are a pita to clean and it's glowing without any hard scrubbing!  Also the microwave above it is shining!  This summer something gunky got stuck on the front bottom of the microwave.  No matter what I used, how much I scrubbed using various cleaners, it would not come off.  I even ordered some gunk remover a contractor recommended. This morning, with no extra scrubbing, it's gone!  I also have a Wolfgang Puck pressure oven - stainless steel - perfection, nice and shiny and no streaking.  (When I replaced appliances, I stayed away from stainless steel 'cause in the past I've found them a pita to clean streak-free.

Needless to say, I'm keeping Joy's products and highly recommend.  Glad I'm on A/S!

@eddyandme wrote:

I got mine (Linen and Orange) Friday.  I must admit there's no difference between the scents; both smelling medicinal, inho.  

Haven't really used it yet except to remove tea stains - if not removed they come out yucky from the dishwasher.  That alone might influence me on keeping them.  But it angers me thaat they lied and I shall definitely call HSN's C/S to make note of this, regardless of whether or not I keep them.Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  thanks for the update. I received mine last week but haven't used it. Did open one of the large bottles to take a whiff after reading here and at HSN. As stated before the linen smells nothing like that but I didn't find it offensive. I can always set my air cleaner on high, open all the windows, leave for a couple of hours, whatever if I don't like the smell. I'm more interested in the cleaning ability.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Regular Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean removed from HSN

To all who purchased Joy's miracle clean please go to the HSN community boards.There is alot going on there about this product. HSN has actually removed it from their site. People supposedly became ill. Worth checking out if you purchased it.

Respected Contributor

When I cleaned my stainless appliances and stove they also look brand new and the cleaning was easy. I just used a little but, afterwards the smell did not linger. I am keeping mine. 

Super Contributor

Waited for a few reviews about how well this cleaned - most raved, and so I ordered some in the Orange scent - but back it goes; just like everyone else - the smell is HORRIBLE! I would've NEVER ordered this if I would've waited for more reviews about the product and especially its smell!

Super Contributor

We've had an asthma type reaction to this product in our house. What kind of ca ca is this? 

A Note from HSN

HSN Responds to Customer Reviews 

Over the past week, some customers have expressed concerns about the MiracleClean product.  

There were a few common themes across the feedback we received, and we wanted to be sure to address them and hopefully set your minds at ease.  We temporarily removed MiracleClean from HSN.com while we reviewed all comments.

What’s up with the smell? MiracleClean’s primary scent is Thymol, the botanically derived active ingredient and a component of Thyme Oil, which comes from the Thyme Plant. Thymol is found in products many of use daily as a powerful antiseptic/disinfectant. MiracleClean is infused with Forever Fragrant technology, so you’re left with the subtle scent of Orange Blossom, Warm Vanilla, Fresh Linen or Spring Meadow after the scent of Thymol dissipates.

We know this new smell of clean may take some getting used to, but we do hope you’ll give it another try.  If the scent is too strong, start with less product than you would normally use.  You can rinse it if it’s still too strong, though you don’t have to.

Although the scent may take some time to get used to, we’re sure you’ll love MiracleClean’s cleaning power right away! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean

[ Edited ]

@susandee wrote:

We've had an asthma type reaction to this product in our house. What kind of ca ca is this? 

A Note from HSN

Over the past week, some customers have expressed concerns about the MiracleClean product.  

There were a few common themes across the feedback we received, and we wanted to be sure to address them and hopefully set your minds at ease.  We temporarily removed MiracleClean from HSN.com while we reviewed all comments.

What’s up with the smell? MiracleClean’s primary scent is Thymol, the botanically derived active ingredient and a component of Thyme Oil, which comes from the Thyme Plant. Thymol is found in products many of use daily as a powerful antiseptic/disinfectant. MiracleClean is infused with Forever Fragrant technology, so you’re left with the subtle scent of Orange Blossom, Warm Vanilla, Fresh Linen or Spring Meadow after the scent of Thymol dissipates.

We know this new smell of clean may take some getting used to, but we do hope you’ll give it another try.  If the scent is too strong, start with less product than you would normally use.  You can rinse it if it’s still too strong, though you don’t have to.

Although the scent may take some time to get used to, we’re sure you’ll love MiracleClean’s cleaning power right away! 

@susandee, I’m wondering if the problem isn’t the Thymol but the Forever Fragrant additive. A couple years back, I ordered Joy’s Huggable Hanger holiday TS. Included in the set was a bonus package of her Forever Fragrant sticks. I opened them up and immediately began wheezing, it was an instant asthma trigger for me. Into the trash they went. 

I’m convinced that the Forever Fragrant “technology” is some artificial chemical concoction.  I’ve never had the smell of thyme make me wheeze, but man made, artificial chemicals will do it every time. Chemical scents in cleaning products, air fresheners, candles, synthetic perfume fragrances, etc. They’re all toxic for me. I think that may be the problem with the MiracleClean, that’s my theory anyway. So glad I didn’t order the MiracleClean product! 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@susandee wrote:

A Note from HSN

@susandee, I’m wondering if the problem isn’t the Thymol but the Forever Fragrant additive. A couple years back, I ordered Joy’s Huggable Hanger holiday TS. Included in the set was a bonus package of her Forever Fragrant sticks. I opened them up and immediately began wheezing, it was an instant asthma trigger for me. Into the trash they went. 

I’m convinced that the Forever Fragrant “technology” is some artificial chemical concoction.  I’ve never had the smell of thyme make me wheeze, but man made, artificial chemicals will do it every time. Chemical scents in cleaning products, air fresheners, candles, synthetic perfume fragrances, etc. They’re all toxic for me. I think that may be the problem with the MiracleClean, that’s my theory anyway. So glad I didn’t order the MiracleClean product! 

Nope. I have had the orange Forever Fragrant sticks for years. My post was not only about the product itself, how horrible I think it is. But HSN's response. If something is so bad you removed it from the site and you have the majority of the purchasers stating their reactions to the scent and the how we feel it was FALSE ADVERTISING that the scent was so lovely, there is a bigger problem. I spend a lot of money online and HSN's handling of this entire matter just makes me want to spend my money elsewhere. 

Super Contributor

Come on HSN! According to webmd: Thyme oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin. In some people, applying the oil to the skin can cause irritation. You should at least provide warnings!

Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

When I cleaned my stainless appliances and stove they also look brand new and the cleaning was easy. I just used a little but, afterwards the smell did not linger. I am keeping mine. 

The smell in mine doesn't linger either. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"