Valued Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Mine arrived today.  I got the orange that doesn't have any orange scent to it.  Just the thyme scent.  Cleans granite, glass stove top, and stainless appliances in seconds.  I'll keep cleaning and see what I think.  So far, so good.  And to answer the question re: microfiber on AS.  The answer is no.  These only come on the first shipment and the next orders will be less $.

@brandiwine wrote:

Mine arrived today.  I got the orange that doesn't have any orange scent to it.  Just the thyme scent.  Cleans granite, glass stove top, and stainless appliances in seconds.  I'll keep cleaning and see what I think.  So far, so good.  And to answer the question re: microfiber on AS.  The answer is no.  These only come on the first shipment and the next orders will be less $.

you get only 2 large bottles of the cleaner. hope this helps. $17.95

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Joy said the orange blossom had a citrus scent. that's not what i smelled at all.

Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Looks like I’m just going to refuse todays delivery of this. Thanks all for the honest reviews. I’ll stick with my Odo-Ban. I should know better anyways!! 

Have you tried the odo ban cloths?

@goldensrbest No, I have not. In fact I haven’t even seen them here. I’ll have to take a look online. Odo-Ban has been my favorite cleaner for the last 22 yrs. Thanks for mentioning these.

Regular Contributor

I received Joys miricle clean in orange blossom and yes it doesn’t smell like orange but the Oder does dissipate after awhile and I really didn’t appreciate the smell But honestly don’t like Any cleaner Smell. 

They All have A Smell to them. If you get a Natural one then they don’t do what Joys does.  So pick your poison. What I mean is Joys is natural and Cleans and Disenfects. 

So I’m keeping Joys. She told us that had it approved by the Most reputable top companies or associations so for ex the EPA the BBB etc.  

well that’s my opinion. 

Now to tell you how it cleans. It cleans beautifully. I did mirrors wonderful sinks counters a yellow spot on my freezer took that out. My pup had a doo do on the lenolium so I cleaned that up and the smell of doo do is gone. 

I’m keeping mine. And bagged all my other cleaners to toss out that are bad for my lung disease and my pup. Safe for dachshund makes me very Happy 😃. 

THANK YOU JOY FOR THIS MIRACULOUS PRODUCT BLESS YOU. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean

[ Edited ]

If you did not order the Joy Mangano product but are interested in the concept, or if you tried it and did not like it for some reason, there is another similar product that you may want to check out.  There is a household product line titled "Seventh Generation" that you can find in stores -- it is sold at my local Target.  That line is all about natural cleaners and such.  One of the Seventh Generation products is a disinfectant that also uses Thymol as the disinfecting ingredient.  It comes in a citrus fragrance.  As far as I can tell there is little difference between the Seventh Generation and the Mangano products.  At my Target it costs $3 for a fairly big bottle with a trigger sprayer.  And of course Target's return policy is pretty friendly if you don't like it.  I have not tried it yet so I can't give a review.  But it may be worth checking out if you are interested in this kind of product.

Trusted Contributor

@Tribestersand all:

Oh wow..cannot even say how awful smelling..lingering of a product this is!  I was thrilled seeing it on HSN as it was this new exciting product.  It arrived yesterday. Used it late last night and could not remove the jet fuel odor mixed with Thyme or mouthwash...it is still lingering as I type.  I used it as it worked well on my fridge which hubby visits and smears it all up but then the odor hit me :-O  I was shocked it was nothing as Joy M said!  HOW on earth I wonder can she stand in from of all of us and yack about a beyond subpar product and all the hype???  I am losing all trust these days.  Still shaking my head wondering how it got past "people testing"!!!!????  Then suddenly all the 5 star reviews show up that were not there and I do not buy that they can be true.  I could not post my review as it said it hasn't been 5 days! wtheck?  She should go take a long vacay and stop this lying to us.  I love many of her items but perhaps her head is too big now.  Horrible product as far as odor and false advertising at it's best!  Good job fooling us. What a joke.  I am not on here or anywhere much at all these days but feel that strong about feeling fooled. Had to share to warn as not to waste your money and hope she sees these reviews. If Joy still says they have a lovely scent as advertised she has no olfactory senses at all ...grrrrrrr

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yesyesyes568 @cozyseeker @Tribesters sorry, wanted to alert more of you but this idiotic board doesn’t remember who posted and ignores my attempts to educate it.

It never ceases to amaze me how different we all are... 

I’ve been doing some cleaning with it and the Orange Blossom scent is not a problem for me. Not at all. I don’t find it horribly strong, overpowering or nasty. It isn’t anywhere as strong smelling as other (toxic with warning) cleaners I’ve used. The scent doesn’t seem to linger and my hands don’t smell of it even though I did not use gloves. 

As for cleaning, it seems to do well though I have t tried it on anything extremely difficult to clean yet. 

I’m pretty sure this is a keeper for me. While I believe those who don’t like the scent, it is kind of shocking all the hysteria over something that seems perfectly fine to me...how differently our senses interpret things!

Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775

I found mostly 1 star reviews on HSN. I think it depends on which scent you look at. The orange had the most & worst reviews when I checked a few hours ago, 

I am also upset that we were mislead. I ordered 2 sets because I couldn’t decide between orange or linen. So I got both on AS, no less. What really upsets me is the comments that people are just throwing it out & not bothering to return. I am still hoping that the scent won’t bother me but if it does I won’t keep mine. There is still a tiny bit of hope that there was just a bad batch out there & not all of them smell that bad. I am probably being overly optimistic. 

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3

You’re giving me hope that it might not be so bad. I really want to like it. Some posters have suggested maybe there is a bad batch out there or something happened to some of the inventory- perhaps stored in high temps? Maybe you got a good batch. Or, as you said, our senses interpret differently. 

I also wonder if Joy hadn’t made a big deal about all the lovely scents would we have been pleased with an antiseptic scent? I don’t think the smell of Listerine in a cleaning product would be offensive. But if I’m expecting orange blossoms, clean linen, spring gardens & warm vanilla then yes, I think I’d be disappointed in a Listerine scent. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters

If I hadn’t read all the negative comments about the scent, I’d never have given it a second thought other than that it doesn’t smell like orange blossoms, flowers, or anything else I could put a name to. But that is typical for scented products and not unexpected. 

I even sprayed some in the bathroom and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off. I went into another room and, when I went back into the bathroom, the scent was faint, not “hits you in the face” kind of thing like I get when I do the same thing with other (toxic with warnings) products.

I just wish there was a version that came with Joy to do the cleaning for me! 

If if there was a problem with products going bad it was a big one.