Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean

[ Edited ]

Looks like I’m just going to refuse todays delivery of this. Thanks all for the honest reviews. I’ll stick with my Odo-Ban. I should know better anyways!! 

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

@Bobbimom23 wrote:

I received mine yesterday.  I got the Orange Blossom scent.  I have used it on a few things and found that it cleans well.  However, I do not smell even a hint of orange.  To me, it smells like thyme (which is its main ingredient).   It's not an offensive smell, so it's a keeper.  

@Bobbimom23 wrote:

I received mine yesterday.  I got the Orange Blossom scent.  I have used it on a few things and found that it cleans well.  However, I do not smell even a hint of orange.  To me, it smells like thyme (which is its main ingredient).   It's not an offensive smell, so it's a keeper.  

I can't even express this horrible smell although it gave me a terribe migraine

not an offensive smell WOW

@Bella2022 

I admit I haven’t actually used it yet but it (Orange Blossom) really didn’t smell horrible to me. It isn’t perfume and I don’t think the scent is going to last. 

I suppose they they could have masked the natural scent more by using toxic chemicals. lol 

I’m hoping it cleans as well for me as I’m hearing it does for others. I’m sorry so many people can’t handle the scent. That surprised me. 

Contributor

It's a thyme bomb, and not in a good way.  I ordered the orange, but there is not a hint of orange; it is just like you have your nose in a bottle of thyme oil.  This is a real shame, as I did try it in the shower and it did clean well.  However, even after rinsing with clean water for a long time, the odor persists, and I can't get the smell off my hands.  

I also had all the windows open today, and there is a breeze, but it still permeates the house. Hubby and dog are not happy with the odor.

I did already call HSN and they are paying for the return shipping.  I feel sorry for the people who work in the returns warehouse.

Joy has to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Honored Contributor

I didn't order.  I was waiting for the reviews.  So, does anyone knows if it cleans well?

The comments about orange blossom not smelling like an orange cracks me up.  Orange blossoms do not smell like an orange.  They smell like a flower, which they are.

Super Contributor

Update on my first impression and use. I cannot tolerate the smell, it is just too strong. As mentioned, it is really hard to get scent off your hands too. When she said it would be good for people with asthma because of no toxic chemicals she didn't mention a toxic scent. I am keeping what I have but I have cancelled auto ship. There is nothing clean about this scent. Maybe other scents are not as pungent. What a disappointment.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I didn't order.  I was waiting for the reviews.  So, does anyone knows if it cleans well?

The comments about orange blossom not smelling like an orange cracks me up.  Orange blossoms do not smell like an orange.  They smell like a flower, which they are.

@Carmie

There isn’t anything floral about the Orange Blossom scent either. 

Sniffing from rom the bottle and a tiny bit I put on my hand did not bother me at all. It wasn’t a pretty scent but it was fine for a cleaning product. I’ll give it the real test over the weekend sometime. Sounds like it might be a good idea to wear gloves while using it. 

All the reviews I’ve read about the cleaning power were good. 

Respected Contributor

Well I used it on my Fridge with one of the sponges and the smell is quite strong. I ordered a different scent but received the orange blossom. I have an orange tree and it does not smell like orange blossom at all. It smells like eucalyptus to me. If fact it is eucalyptus. I should have realized that it would smell strong before I ordered it because eucalyptus is strong but it is also an astringent. That is where the antibacterial properties come in. It cleanse really well and those sponges are awesome. This morning 2 of my dogs had an accident and then they tracked it onto their stairs. I used the cleaner with the sponge and it cleaned those carpeted steps really well. It did not seem to strong to me this AM. I was actually glad that I had it. So the jury is still out for me. I like ti because it is natural, I don't like the medicine type smell which is eucalyptus but I may keep it to clean up after my pets. I would never want to spray this on the sofa to freshen it. The smell is over powering. 

Respected Contributor

Update:  I tried this when it first arrived on a kitchen counter and stainless appliances.  Worked great.  It is a strong smell.  Yesterday I did my bathrooms.  It worked great, but I was coughing and my nose plugged up.  Can't imagine if you have any breathing problems.  Here's the kicker.  We are still sleeping in our basement due to the extreme heat here in Colorado.  When we came up the stairs you could still smell the stuff.  That's enough for me.  Sending it back.  What a shame.  It really does work.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Looks like I’m just going to refuse todays delivery of this. Thanks all for the honest reviews. I’ll stick with my Odo-Ban. I should know better anyways!! 

Have you tried the odo ban cloths?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@Ludog wrote:

I ordered on AS but I can't find any info as to whether the microfiber towels are included with each shipment. Does anyone know? Thank you. 

@Ludog wrote:

I ordered on AS but I can't find any info as to whether the microfiber towels are included with each shipment. Does anyone know? Thank you. 

sorry to say you get only the 2 large bottles of cleaner. hope this helps.