Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano MiracleClean TS 20-piece Disinfect & Clean Set

@danska wrote:

I absolutely love this cleaner--best one that I ever used. I have used many natural/organic cleaning products. I ordered my set in Linen. Smells just like Seventh Generation cleaner. 

I like mine a lot.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Call me confused, but other than the scent...what's the huge uproar about?  

It doesn't smell great.  It has ingredients in it, supposedly, that other products at Target have.  

Why the outrage?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 For me.....the deciding factor was that my dog was constantly sneezing from it. No cleaner is worth risking his health.

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BdBettyB - did you buy this TS? I bought the orange scent. Tried it this weekend and I cannot believe this got past HSN testing/legal!. No orange scent, very strong medicinal scent and it is intolerable.  Took 2 days for the scent to dissipate. 

Very disappointing -  I already shipped it/returned it. Called CS to give feedback, cancelled the auto ship and they issued credit including the return shipping fee.

I just looked at HSN online and they have removed the product so no one can post/read reviews nor order it! 

I ordered the orange and there is orange. The smell is GROSS! I saw this on the HSN forums https://community.hsn.com/forums/home/joy-manganos-miracle-clean/753973/ 

Honored Contributor

@susandee wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BdBettyB - did you buy this TS? I bought the orange scent. Tried it this weekend and I cannot believe this got past HSN testing/legal!. No orange scent, very strong medicinal scent and it is intolerable.  Took 2 days for the scent to dissipate. 

Very disappointing -  I already shipped it/returned it. Called CS to give feedback, cancelled the auto ship and they issued credit including the return shipping fee.

I just looked at HSN online and they have removed the product so no one can post/read reviews nor order it! 

I ordered the orange and there is orange. The smell is GROSS! I saw this on the HSN forums https://community.hsn.com/forums/home/joy-manganos-miracle-clean/753973/ 

@susandee - oh, wow! I only read the 1st page of the thread comments Woman Sad thank you for posting the link. I'm surprised H hasn't shut down the thread!

I'm familiar with the fact that cleaning products are not going to smell like an orange grove or vanilla cookies, but there is something seriously wrong with the "fumes" of this Joy product, regardless of the 'scent' option. It was so serious - most likely they received soooo many calls/complaints they pulled the product for testing and to avoid liabilities or other potential issues with continued sales of it. 

I don't need a consensus of opinions to validate me. One use of the product convinced me to not use it again and the HSN CS rep that I spoke with handled my call appropriately,  no push back and approved my request that they pick up the return shipping fees. I shipped it back yesterday. I'm not expecting any further response like a gift card etc as some customers are posting. 

What anyone thinks or does about this product is their business. But I wonder why anyone would want to risk their own health/family by continuing to use a suspicious product. Its not just a mop or hanger. And why would they be so defensive about it suggesting rage or overreaction by other customers/posters?

Insulting or challenging other customers that are concerned and returning it-why?  One poster here doing it, no surprise, it fits with her personality of believing her 'opinions' are the only 'right' ones whether it's about fashion, shoes, vendors or cleaning products, lol. She can keep it and sniff it all she wants Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'm a bit surprised that at this point, HSN is even taking these products back, and paying for the return shipping fees.  Usually, when a product is such a dud...they just tell the customer to throw it out, and give a full refund. 

It costs them less to handle it this way!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that at this point, HSN is even taking these products back, and paying for the return shipping fees.  Usually, when a product is such a dud...they just tell the customer to throw it out, and give a full refund. 

It costs them less to handle it this way!

@september

I don’t think HSN believes the product as intended is a dud. 

I think it is likely that some of the product went bad for some reason and the spoiled product is what led to the horrible smell and reactions many have had. They are testing the product they still had in the warehouse. Perhaps they will also test what is sent back. 

HSN wants to get to the bottom of this and correct the problem not ignore it in hopes it will go away.

Frequent Contributor

The odor was pretty bad when I first started using around the house. But after using it a few days, I started gettting used to it. What I do like is it is fairly effective and I am committed to using natural products in the home that have far less toxins. You can find natural cleaners that smell better but the selling point with this product is the germ and virus killing factor. Most natural cleaning products don't do that. They can't. Thymol has been proven to do that. That is what we are smelling. I think it all came apart when Joy and the hosts kept selling the wonderful fragrances. You can't smell any of the various fragrances. At all. So in that way, I think we were mislead. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@winamac1 For me.....the deciding factor was that my dog was constantly sneezing from it. No cleaner is worth risking his health.

@AmericanBulldogMom. got it.  That makes sense.!   I have no pets !

Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW, it's very interesting to see the comments on QVC's forum about Joy's Miracle Clean on HSN.  If you guys think it's so great go over to HSN's forum and read the comments there about this product.  It is making many people sick.  In addition, do a search on the ingredient Thymol (a component of Thyme oil) and see the health hazards listed. 

There are so many 1 star reviews and negative comments on the HSN forum that the product has been taken off the website.  Everyone who has called customer service has been granted a free return with no shipping and handling charges.  This stuff smells absolutely toxic and is causing all kinds of sickness including migraines, sore throats, coughing attacks, etc.  

Go ahead.  Check it out... And yes I ordered it and posted my comment there as well.