Respected Contributor

Re: Josie TSV such a let down

@Reever wrote:

Another phony ... are they going to show that tired video of her sitting in Morroco with the women laborers extracting argan oil ?  

@Reever    It's really sad that you would say that.  I just read the following in a Marie Claire magazine, and I appreciate anyone willing to go past their own greed. 

I think we all know that Josie has donated lotions to the hospitals, but I just read this as well:

"Josie Maran paused all of their operations on Friday, June 5, and in solidarity donated $50,000 to the Loveland Foundation, a therapy fund for Black women and children."

And, of course, this is an ongoing project for her.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Reever  

Reever wrote:   Another phony ... are they going to show that tired video of her sitting in Morocco with the women laborers extracting argan oil ?  

think that scene is so bogus.  Here are these plain-looking natives doing all this work for the beauty-queen  from rich America so she can get richer!

@maximillian   I appreciate anyone willing to look past their own greed to help others. How many vendors on QVC can you name who donate to a cause  

I think we all know that Josie has donated lotions to the hospitals, but I just read this as well:

"Josie Maran paused all of their operations on Friday, June 5, and in solidarity donated $50,000 to the Loveland Foundation, a therapy fund for Black women and children."

And, of course, this is an ongoing project for her.And there are many more that she is heading up and funding. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

While this is a boring TSV, I am definitely in.  I am out of my body butters and this is a good price.  I paid this price for 1 jar in years prior.  I only like the unscented so I'm fine.  I'm not a fan of her scents.

You do realize you can purchase a bottle of Argan oil from Trader Joes for about $7 and mix it with Jergens body lotion and get the same result for a fraction of the price ?  Consumers need to shop smartly.

@Reever , adding argan oil to a regular body lotion does not make body butter.  

While I appreciate your concern for my finances, I'm good.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

While this is a boring TSV, I am definitely in.  I am out of my body butters and this is a good price.  I paid this price for 1 jar in years prior.  I only like the unscented so I'm fine.  I'm not a fan of her scents.

@Lipstickdiva   I had to check my stash as well.  I love her body butter, but I have two mega sizes still in my linen closet.  Like you, I do not like her scents, so I always get unscented.  

@Caaareful Shopper , I have none.  I scraped out the last little bit of one of those small jars that came with something else I bought.  I was trying to hold out until Christmas because my SIL usually gets me a big JM tub as a gift, but I can't wait.  LOL  

Frequent Contributor

When I saw what it was I was thinking the same thing. And, they are not even the true super sizes. And, hardly any scents available. AND no free shipping!  Was hoping to see one of her newer products featured.  Bleh. 

Valued Contributor

@Riddlebox -- Add me to the list of disappointed shoppers.  I'm a huge fan of Josie's body butter.  I usually order her TSVs.  I love the Sweet Cream Vanilla scent.  This upcoming TSV is terrible.  I don't want unscented, and I'm done trying new scents like Mango & Vanilla Fig.  I don't want to be bothered returning a 'flavor' that I don't like!  I'll be saying no thank you to this TSV. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

That's odd!!!!  Josie/Q are calling 13.5 oz super sized?   confused.gif

I have 2 jars of the 19 oz size which Josie/Q called super sized.  What is it now, "super jumbo." Smiley LOL

I think you are right Riddlebox.  Josie/Q are cleaning out their shelves of over stocked/can't sell/limited/no longer making, etc. stuff.

@Mz iMac   Josie's 19oz. is called mega size, not super sized.  Smiley Happy

But agree, it seems like they are cleaning out inventory before the January anniversary TSV.

@Caaareful Shopper , I just went back and looked through my order history.  Last June I ordered what was called a "super-size" body butter and it was 19oz.  I paid $52.00 for it.  I have also ordered a "super-size" from JM's website and it was 19oz.

QVC offered a 24oz tub and that was called a mega size.  

These definitely aren't what were super sizes in the past. That is disappointing.  Basically both of these together are a little over what was sold as a mega size.  I don't remember what the price was for the 24oz tub. 

There is a 13.5oz size on other sites selling for $40.00. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

That's odd!!!!  Josie/Q are calling 13.5 oz super sized?   confused.gif

I have 2 jars of the 19 oz size which Josie/Q called super sized.  What is it now, "super jumbo." Smiley LOL

I think you are right Riddlebox.  Josie/Q are cleaning out their shelves of over stocked/can't sell/limited/no longer making, etc. stuff.

@Mz iMac   Josie's 19oz. is called mega size, not super sized.  Smiley Happy

But agree, it seems like they are cleaning out inventory before the January anniversary TSV.

@Caaareful Shopper , I just went back and looked through my order history.  Last June I ordered what was called a "super-size" body butter and it was 19oz.  I paid $52.00 for it.  I have also ordered a "super-size" from JM's website and it was 19oz.

QVC offered a 24oz tub and that was called a mega size.  

These definitely aren't what were super sizes in the past. That is disappointing.  Basically both of these together are a little over what was sold as a mega size.  I don't remember what the price was for the 24oz tub. 

There is a 13.5oz size on other sites selling for $40.00. 

@Lipstickdiva   Wow, that is interesting!  They cannot keep it together.  I purchased a mega set, which included the 19oz. body butter, the 6oz. argan oil, and travel sizes of each -- all in one set.  

I purchased this mega set in September 2019, then again in October 2019 on auto-delivery.  But they quickly cancelled my auto-delivery.  I guess they figured they could sell those large sizes for far more $$$ then the great set I was getting. It was item # A345054.  But of course it says sold out now. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Here is an old 2018 wirte up (by a blogger) on the exact set I purchased here at QVC:

Josie Maran Better Together Argan Mega-Size & Travel 4-Piece Set QVC TSV 11/3/18 & Giveaway

#BeautyBagDolls and Josie Maran Fans I have the information you have been looking for! The QVC Todays Special Value from Josie Maran is November 3, 2018 however I have the inside look here and only here can you preorder the Josie Maran Better Together Argan Mega-Size & Travel 4-Piece Set. This is the one to buy is your looking to stock up, try out or gift. The item number is A345054. The price is $79.95 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. What is in it you ask? Read on. (Read until the bottom for my GIVEAWAY)

~ (1) 6-fl oz mega-size 100% Pure Argan Oil
~(1) 0.5-fl oz 100% Pure Argan Oil
~ (1) 19-fl oz mega-size Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented, Vanilla Bean, or Winter Berry (Winter Berry scent exclusive to QVC until 1/1/19). 
~(1) 2-fl oz Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented, Vanilla Bean, or Winter Berry

Occasional Contributor

I am also disappointed with this TSV. I love her BB, and I love trying out new scents. Although I tend to lean towards most her her vanilla scents. I'm waiting for vanilla almond to come back again. I will not be ordering this one. I have plenty in my stash. For some reason I thought this was her 10th anniversary. I probably miss heard.