Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV

[ Edited ]

I purchased Josie's TSV last November, which was the mega size set, including the body butter in this type of pump container.  I love it in a pump.  The body butter is still thick & creamy.

A hint about the pump, if you have any trouble with it:  

1. Before you insert the pump into the container, first, twist the top of it until it engages and is ready to be pumped. Then insert it into the body butter container and seal.

2.  If you ever feel like no body butter is coming through the pump, just open the top of the container and stir the body butter inside.  Because it's so thick & creamy, it can form a well in the middle when the contents get less than half-full.  It may seem like the container's empty, but it's not. 

Regarding this current TSV, I really don't like the corny affirmation label on the container this time around.  I'm big on packaging, and this label is not attractive at all to me.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Regarding this current TSV, I really don't like the corny affirmation label on the container this time around.  I'm big on packaging, and this label is not attractive at all to me.  

@Caaareful Shopper I share your thoughts on the corny label so I wanted to let you know what I did to get around that problem.  I found a pretty photo of a Greek island/water scene and printed it on a full sheet size label that has adhesive on back. I cut it to the appropriate size and applied it over the (in my opinion) tacky affirmation label.  The photo concealed it all and it looks beautiful. Now I can have it on my office desk and enjoy using it. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini   I love your idea!  Thanks.

New Contributor

Hope Josie reads this ! Would love to see a 2023 TSV with the Body Serum AND the Body Butter !  I scrub in the shower then use Body Serum and top it with Body Butter !! It works so well on dry dehydrated skin ! 

Esteemed Contributor

I would be interested if Pineapple Whip was offered. My favorite scent.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Not sure if I've ever tried Josie's body butters ....  can someone tell me how quickly this is absorbed into the skin?  With the term "butter" I always thought this was a rather greasy product. 

I prefer to have something that is quickly absorbed ... what's your take on this?

@Tinkrbl44 Trust me, it's very greasy.  I tried the butter several years ago, and although the peach smelled luscious, the product just slid off my skin without absorbing. Way too greasy for me. Glutton that I am, I tried it another time because she had a few new fragrances I wanted to try. If anything, it was even greasier than the first time. It's no wonder Josie's skin looks as oily as it does. But there are people who love it, so I guess you can give it a try and return it if you don't like it. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala 

No, I already know that's not for me.  Thanks for your input.  I hate greasy lotions and creams.