Regular Contributor

I have never tried Jose Maran but am seriously considering purchasing the TSV.

However, I've been reading lots of negative comments about the color sticks.

If you don't like them, why?

Does anyone out there like them?

I wear very little makeup. I prefer simple, so they look to me like a quick & convenient way to brighten up the face.

~Quack

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Color Sticks?

I only have one. It's called Love & I do love it. I got it in a kit, probably a year ago. There is no smell to mine. It's just a beatiful deep rose shade. It's a full size stick & I am nowhere near to finishing it.

Regular Contributor

Like my color stick ! Just used today quick out door today put on cheeks and lips!  It is perfect blush and for lips I like because I hate lipstick but like color on my lips. 

Respected Contributor

I did have one of her color sticks and enjoyed it.  When it began to run out I  found the same thing - or at least a great dupe - at Target. Very inexpensive by comparison. I think it's Maybelline and it is just as effective, with several good colors.  Check it out.  I stopped buying Josie's things because I got sick of the constant (and obviously contrived) story about the old lady who looked so young. Argan Oil has been around longer than Josie.

Valued Contributor

Hello,

I received a color stick quite a while ago that came with the 1.7fl oz Argan oil. I LOVE them. I noticed that powder blush just doesn't look right on my 50+ year old face any more, so I gave them a try. My daughter immediately noticed how nice it looks. Mine have never dried out either, I just make sure the cap is on snug. The color appears a lot darker that it is once applied, and you can blend very nicely. I haven't used it as a lip color however.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

@Cat Lover Dogs too wrote:

Hello,

I received a color stick quite a while ago that came with the 1.7fl oz Argan oil. I LOVE them. I noticed that powder blush just doesn't look right on my 50+ year old face any more, so I gave them a try. My daughter immediately noticed how nice it looks. Mine have never dried out either, I just make sure the cap is on snug. The color appears a lot darker that it is once applied, and you can blend very nicely. I haven't used it as a lip color however.

Try a creme blush. It Cosmetics had one in its Jan TSV. 

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I did have one of her color sticks and enjoyed it.  When it began to run out I  found the same thing - or at least a great dupe - at Target. Very inexpensive by comparison. I think it's Maybelline and it is just as effective, with several good colors.  Check it out.  I stopped buying Josie's things because I got sick of the constant (and obviously contrived) story about the old lady who looked so young. Argan Oil has been around longer than Josie.

The prices are ridiculous. I will only buy a TSV which is also outrageous. QVC hosts try to tell you that you have a great deal because if wanted all these items in the TSV it would cost more than double. "No, it wouldn't" because I wouldn't buy them separately.

QVC still makes a bundle.

BTW, a close up of Josie's face, she has lines around her eyes when she smiles. So much for reducing lines with JM Argon Oil.

Do you think I believe someone is pressing each bottle of Argon Oil. Think not!

Esteemed Contributor

I have one of her color sticks.  It came with some Argon oil I bought a long time ago.  It is okay.  Mine got kind of yucky because anything that is on your face when you put it on (moisturizer & foundation), gets rubbed back onto the stick.  Frankly, it is hard to see where I put any on my face at all.  But I don't like power or mineral blushes because they just seem to fall off my face in no time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have one of her color sticks.  It came with some Argon oil I bought a long time ago.  It is okay.  Mine got kind of yucky because anything that is on your face when you put it on (moisturizer & foundation), gets rubbed back onto the stick.  Frankly, it is hard to see where I put any on my face at all.  But I don't like power or mineral blushes because they just seem to fall off my face in no time.

@Puppy Lips  You should try the Becca blush that comes in a tube. It takes just a tiny amount (dot) that you tap into your skin. It lasts a long time and looks very natural. It's pricey but really works. 

Respected Contributor

I've had about 6 of the in different kits and they ALL smelled rancid to me.  Awful!