Highlighted
Super Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter TSV Ingredients

As I was ordering the upcoming TSV today, I noticed that the first ingredient in the body butter is now water.  I don't ever remember water being the first ingredient listed.  I looked up the ingredient lists for the Vanilla Bean Body Butter from three different websites..... QVC, Sephora, and Kohls and they are all slightly different.  Anyone else notice this?  I went ahead and ordered the TSV and I'm hoping I'll love this new formula as much as the ones I've ordered in the past.  I wonder why these ingredient lists aren't all the same, since the lists I looked at were all for the Vanilla Bean scent.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter TSV Ingredients

I would never order from JM. Her products are ridiculously over priced- I buy organic  argon oil and whipped  Shea body butter for a fraction of the price.

She also makes patently false claims about argon oil results.

No thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked Ulta and all 4 scents they carry list water as the first ingredient.

I bought Tree Hut's new body butter and it also lists water as first ingredient. But I got it on sale for $6.50.  Smells divine, a grown up tropical scent.

I do have some argan oil I could add to it when applying and still much cheaper than Josie's.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant Please tell which brand of whipped shea butter you use. I can't find anything like that. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I would never order from JM. Her products are ridiculously over priced- I buy organic  argon oil and whipped  Shea body butter for a fraction of the price.

She also makes patently false claims about argon oil results.

No thanks.

I totally agree with you, especially about the FALSE CLAIMS she makes. 

Respected Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

@ellaphant Please tell which brand of whipped shea butter you use. I can't find anything like that. Thanks

Biggs & Featherbelle whipped Shea butter. You can Google their name and find their web site. I buy their products at Wegmans. Very affordable and the whipped Shea butter the best! I am never without it!

Esteemed Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

Try The Plant Guru  on Etsy.

Several types of shea butter and raw shea butter available. 

I have purchased their essential oils and organic argan oil and very happy. Speedy shipping!

Valued Contributor

I love Josie Maran's products.  I have used them for years.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   Yes, whipped shea butter is everywhere.  But Josie's is whipped argan oil body butter.  Have you ever found comparable whipped argan oil body butter? 

I'd really like to know, since her body butter is the only thing my skin truly & absolutely loves.  If there's an equal & less expensive product out there, I'd be interested.  

Respected Contributor

@lavenderfields , I would guess that in order to make the formulation pump-able, she needed to add some water, otherwise it's too viscous ...  
I'm sure these 2 products would be nice to have but it is very pricey- Trader Joe's sells organic argan oil at a fraction of the price and I wouldn't need to ship-   Enjoy if you are purchasing!