Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with all you petite women.  I'm also need petite sizing but it seems like none of the vendors think it is necessary and QVC doesn't make any effort to accomodate us so I only watch the clothing shows occasionally....and please don't try to convince me that these long tops look good on a 'grown up petite woman'.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCTwrote:

@brandiwinewrote:

Joan isn't here to advocate for us petite girls.  Just like most brands they make for the "average" woman.  That's where they will make the most money.  I'm not surprised by this at all.

Yes, QVC surely does not seem to court the petite woman.  I am five-two and many times feel like girls like us are forgotten.  I know this must be a decision made by higher-ups, but one has to wonder why many high quality major brands routinely offer petite clothing.  Obviously, they are selling to petite women.  I appreciate some petite offerings, but so much of what I buy is no longer from QVC.  Of course, 3/4 sleeves on tops will be ok.  I, for one, feel sorry for our tall sisters, as they are so frequently ignored, as well.  

3/4 sleeves in a regular turn into long sleeves on a petite person.  If I want 3/4 sleeve, I have to buy Petite.  Q offers very few tops in Petite so I buy elsewhere.  They are getting better with pants, but they don't get it that tops need to be petite too, especially for the length of the garment and the sleeve.

Respected Contributor

I understand there are more "regular" height women than short women, however, especially on a TSV day when they sell a lot of one item, they should make Petite available.

Honored Contributor

The only time I get annoyed when a petite is not offered is when it's a dress.  At barely 5'2" I really need dresses in petite.  As far as shirts, I can make anything work.  First of all I don't think it's a big deal that it's long; I'd just tuck in the front.  Sleeves too long? You roll them up.  Who actually wears cuffs buttoned?

The reason I'm not buying is those silly looking darts.  They are a big turnoff for me.  Seriously, a "boyfriend shirt" with darts?  Does anyone's boyfriend have boobs?

Regular Contributor

@Catch71 I totally agree!  The host always say the petities can wear it but it would be way too long and the sleeves would hang beyond my hands.  I don't understand why more clothing can't be made in petite.  I am not a small girl I would wear a petite XL but sure would love to have the option.  QVC is missing out on a lot of my money.  Same goes for the taller women I'm sure they have the same problem when it comes to pants. 

It is what it is!!!
Trusted Contributor

I thought it looked shorter than some of her past shirts so I ordered the denim blue and chambray colors. I plan to throw it in the dryer.

But, that white looked see through, bet they get a lot oif those back.

Honored Contributor

No, no, no.  Why?  That fringe as a hem.  I hate to see what it looks like washing after washing and the price should be around $35. IMO  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@henderson  Funny that you mention shrinkage.  I was going to buy the seersucker shirt until I read the reviews about shrinkage.  I bet the seersucker will go on clearance.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

No, no, no.  Why?  That fringe as a hem.  I hate to see what it looks like washing after washing and the price should be around $35. IMO  Cat Very Happy

They showed one last night that had been washed 10 times or something like that, and it pretty much looked the same. There is stitching around the top of the fringe so that it doesn't keep unraveling.

Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

On the presentation last night they showed the fringe up close and showed the extra stitching above it that keeps it from "growing" to a longer fringe after washing. I have a few of Joan's big shirts and I like then but not a fan of the fringe though.