Joan Rivers Faux Suede Boyfriend Shirt TSV July

[ Edited ]

I wanted to know if  TSV shirt is heavy material and to warm to wear now?

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Faux Suede Boyfriend Shirt TSV July

@Peggyly  David Dangle has started a chat about the TSV.  You can ask him and his design team your question directly right now.  Just look for the thread David started in the "Today's Special Value" forum (it's just a few threads below the one you created here). 

Respected Contributor

@Peggyly ... Welcome! I would say that it partly depends on where you live. I'm sure you wouldn't wear it outside in 90 degree weather, but air-conditioned buildings are usually too cold for me. When I worked, I always had something that I could throw over my clothing...a sweater or something like this would be perfect. Also, with autumn coming up, a faux suede top would be ideal!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I have a Jessica Holbrook faux suede jacket and I think it is too heavy to wear for the summer.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
QVC Social Team

Hello @Peggyly - @Caaareful Shopper is correct. David and the Joan Rivers team will be happy to answer your questions in their chat. Click here to post your question> CHAT

Respected Contributor

@Peggyly wrote:

I wanted to know if  TSV shirt is heavy material and to warm to wear now?

Probably too heavy for July.  The reason it's a dealbreaker for me is that it has a high/low hem. That look is so tired and is sure to look dated in awhile, and I try to buy mostly classic things. A big shirt like this should be wearable for years, but that hem will date it quickly. So, I pass. Too bad.  I was interested!

Honored Contributor

Suede clothing just doesn't seem appropriate for summer wear.  I know they make suede sandals but I wouldn't wear them either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love faux suede (moleskin) and this shirt is made for me!  From the look of it on TV, it looks like a lighter faux suede and David describes it as being a "new" faux suede, soft, with a nice hand to it.  I don't do this very often, but I ordered two of them, the blue and the pink.  I did order down one size because I've ordered her boyfriend shirt before and one full size down was perfect for me.

I can't wear any faux suede in warmer weather and I have thin pieces and thicker pieces... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u You make excellent points.  I thought also about the sizing, I always buy my regular size in Joan Rivers boyfriend shirts (which I love!), but I wear them as jackets.  If I wear them as shirts, I would definitely order a size down.  I already have one faux suede in a cocoa color, and I wait till cooler weather for sure.

Honored Contributor

I love faux suede as I live in a rainy climate where real suede is a challenge.  I pre-orderd this and have already returned it.  It is stiff and not soft like faux suede (mole skin, ultrasuede) usually it.