Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jimmy the Baker Crumb Cake Squares TSV

They look really good but the calorie count for a full bar is 870. They are 290 for 1/3 of the bar. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They look wonderfully delicous but I took a look at the nutritional values and the calories are listed for 1/3 of 1 crumbcake!  Who would only eat 1/3?  I know they are big, but once I get eating something sweet it would be hard to stop at 1/3!  As the previous poster added, close to 900 calories for one; that is half my daily limit of calories.  I guess if I wasn't watching my weight I would go for them!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will probably eat only half a cake at a time, since they are big; but one third?  I doubt it, LOL.  Half is better calorie-wise than a whole, at least.  After dinner, I like a few bites of something sweet just to top off the meal, so half will be plenty.  They're a treat and not meant to be health food, so I'm not going to obsess about calorie count.  I eat pretty healthy for my main meals so I can deal with a small amount of guilt for dessert. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
That ingredient list has a sublist of ingredients in each item. The margarine, cream cheese, and enriched flour I use at home have similar lists of ingredients.

Right!  If you look at it, it is not that bad at all.  

I can't get them as good locally!

Flour [bleached Wheat Flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, potassium bromate,                 thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid],
margarine [soybean oil, palm oil, and palm kernel oil, water, salt, mono and                                   diglycerides, soy lecithin,
sodium benzoate (preservative),

butter artificial flavor, beta carotene, vitamin A palmitate,

water,

brown sugar,

powdered sugar [sugar, corn starch],

sugar, enzyme blend [sugar, wheat flour, soybean oil, corn flour, sodium stearoyl lactylate,

Contains 2% or less of the following: soy flour, calcium propionate, enzymes, turmeric, ascorbic acid, l-cysteine, paprika, soy lecithin], eggs, cream cheese [pasteurized cultured milk and cream, salt stabilizers (xanthan, carob bean, and/or guar gums], cinnamon, yeast, vanilla, whole milk powder, soy oil, maltodextrin, salt, enzyme [wheat flour, enzymes]

These ingredients would be the same, QVC or local.

Honored Contributor

Odd man out here.

I thought they were SO dry!  Sawdust.

One of the very FEW food items I have ever asked for a credit on and I order a LOT of food.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

FIVE AND A HALF TEASPOONS OF SUGAR IN 1/3 SQUARE!!!

That's too much. (4 grams of sugar equals one teaspoon of sugar.)

Most baked goods have much more sugar than we actually need in order to taste sweet. HOW DO I KNOW THIS: I always cut the sugar ingredient by a quarter or half when I do home-baking. GUESS WHAT: the goody still tastes sweet and delicious! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

i LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!  My favorite is the cinnimon but close second is the chocolate!  Haven't tried the lemon or berry but am interested in trying.  I have the cinnamon in the freezer now and am very tempted to buy the new TSV just so I don't run out.

TOP notch products.

Honored Contributor

What day will they be the TSV?

Super Contributor

Wednesday, 3/3.

Respected Contributor

It’s cake. I don’t expect it to be healthy.