Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer Rep for Scott Living

@icezeus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

So nice to see Jill back on the queue. Has she said how old her son is now? And her daughter?

@KACEE1115   I think her daughter has been in college for a few years. I think her son is in the age group ready to graduate high school soon. 

@proudlyfromNJ @Kacee1115 

Last nights presentation she mentioned that her son was 16.

@icezeus  Yeah, I figured he'd be leaving the nest soon and hop on off to college.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's probably a smart move for the Scott's to line up someone local and with a built in QVC niche to represent them. In candor, I never cared for them nor for her, so my viewing is not a factor, as I've never watched their shows and surely haven't missed her presence. I am a bit curious as to what some folks are identifying as all these supposed 'gigs' Ms. Bauer has had. She's certainly tried to market herself as a house and home 'expert', although some of us don't really think she is, which netted her a handful of short spots on the Today show, and now she's doing this. 

In fairness, I don't think she ever indicated she would retire but very much did indicate she wanted to spend more time with her family. I guess the ballgames were either called off or she had her fill of them.

As for the Scotts, I've never found them likable nor appealing. I've always thought their real goal was to break into acting. Clearly, that didn't work out but despite what is, to me, limited natural appeal or likability, they've successfully parlayed themselves into house and home gurus.

Out of curiosity, I watched about five minutes of the video presentation, and found Jill's somewhat nasal and sing-song presentation style was still a turn off, so, well, I turned it off.

Each to their own.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It certainly didn' hold my interest - but ran the video tape today.........Jill added nothing except confusion.  The boys love to talk  (not a fan at all),,,,,,,,and Jill always sounds so rehearsed and (yes) sing-song tone.  

I honestly don't like ex-host back for products except Dan Wheeler.  He's alone with time on hands.........so I give him a pass.

Esteemed Contributor

Disappointed. Wish she was doing silver.

Valued Contributor

She served no purpose with this TSV. I would guess property bros thought her fan base with Qvc would increase sales which could be lagging (this mattress looks awful)
I wouldn’t buy anything because it’s “Scott Living”. They are actors/pseudo home renovators.
Respected Contributor

I've never liked the Scott brothers and JB was not a favorite so I won't be watching this line anyway.  

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Jill's QVC presentations, but can't say that I have missed her. Never saw her other 'gigs'. 

However, having Jill be an 'assistat vendor' does not prompt me to watch any show about mattresses!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I watched last nights presentation and I was pleased to see Jill back doing what she enjoys. She looks lovely and relaxed. I have  not noticed the awkwardness that some have mentioned with people competing to talk. Jill was as usual  well prepared, which I appreciate, and relaxing to listen to.

My idea on why she was on was because this was her first full time TSV presentation with the brothers, and perhaps they wanted to explain her new role with their brand. I am sure that as time moves on she will be like  other brand ambassadors, and speaking for the products at odd hours of the night, Jill also lives in PA and when the vendors return to the studio it will be easier for her to be in the studio versus Drew and Scott since they are very busy, and are constantly traveling all over the country for their various jobs. 

Par for the course since it seems to be impossible for QVC posters to not complain about something, the snark is out. 

@icezeus  Your last sentence is you complaining about QVC posters. 

Honored Contributor

I think the regular hosts do a fine job selling the mattress. No offense to Jill, but she seems superfluous.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I don't care for you and you don't care for me so why don't we agree to ignore each other on the boards.