Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer Rep for Scott Living

I watched last night, two comments. How many people does it take to sell a mattress, obviously Rick, Jill, Jonathan and Drew.

More importantly, if you are not satisfied with the mattress, how do you send it back? 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I watched last night, two comments. How many people does it take to sell a mattress, obviously Rick, Jill, Jonathan and Drew.

More importantly, if you are not satisfied with the mattress, how do you send it back? 

I wondered the same thing about returning the mattress!! They never fully explain how to do that process. Maybe you just toss it out. They can't resell it and where would they put it. 

Honored Contributor

I saw her all day long.  I thought she did a good job.

I thought they had to sign a non-compete?

Honored Contributor

I have always liked Jill.  Sorry I missed her.  

Honored Contributor

I think Jill did her usual proficient job during the SL TSV day.  This seemed to be their transition appearance -- all three of them together.  

The real question is how long will Scott Living be a viable brand on QVC?  They seem to have narrowed their product offerings to primarily the home/bedding category.  But QVC has invested a lot in their proprietary Northern NIghts & Home Reflections brands, so Jill may not have many opportunities to sell mattresses, sheets, towel sets, etc.  

Honored Contributor

I saw part of one of the presentations.  I didn't think she added anything to it.  She certainly didn't have anything to say that the brothers couldn't have said.

Respected Contributor

We have two brothers...

so now, they need a rep to sell their product? Seriously?

And, a Q host on top of that? Double seriously??

Just how many people does it take these days to make a sale?

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I never liked Jill - sorry to see she's with the Scott Bros.  I hope she isn't part of the design team.   Funny she wanted to leave QVC and now she's back.  Kind of surprised Q agreed to it.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

With all her different gigs, I wonder how she's going to spend more time with the family now.

"Gig" working is definitely of the moment. Just heard a career counselor confirm this recently too. Particularly post-Covid when the job market has changed, for various reasons.

I've heard Jill say what she loves about all she's involved in now is that she really feels more in control of her time. I see her as definitely being able to spend more time with family in between all these gigs. And she's had the luxury of accepting only things that work with that work/life balance it seems. So good on her.

I get it and have done it myself. While being the sole caregiver for my mom in the last 4 years before she passed last year...I was working for myself in various gigs, all related to work I'd done before, but on my own terms. It was a lifestyle choice I was able and lucky to get the opportunity to make.

I had a freelance buyer/merchandising/stylist gig for a small boutique. It wasn't everyday and hours to do the work needed by me were flexible. It gave me much more freedom and autonomy to mix work/life balance.

Exactly, @amyb!😊

@dooBdoo , I think some people are under the impression that the hosts only work when they are on air.  They don't realize all the off air hours they put in.  It also seems that some think baseball season is year round.  LOL

By Jill leaving QVC, she is able to pick and choose what she wants to do and when she wants to work.  According to her, she was at every single one of Trevor's baseball games last season. She was able to be there from start to finish.  She never came late because she was working at QVC and she never had to leave early to go to work.  

Jill has said a number of times recently that she has a lot of things in the works and alluded to one of those things involving jewelry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@ChillyTulip wrote:

Didn't she leave QVC "to spend more time with my family?"

I guess that got old really quick. 

@ChillyTulip Isn't that the reason people always use?  Unless of course you are on tv doing the perp walk away from the office.

I imagine she is like all of us and there are reasons why one leaves a job and why we work.  Why second guess it?  Most of us go through it one time or another with work.  Bad working conditions, new opportunities, and a million other reasons. 

@Sooner  I guess people wanted Jill to say Q was a sinking ship and she was getting out while the getting was good.  LOL