Honored Contributor

JUN 15 Le Creuset Grill pan

[ Edited ]

Those looke really cute.  I know Le Cruset are real workhorses, but I don't cook enough to spend that much on a pan.  I couldn't believe Rick said you could use them on a grill.  No way would I do that and ruin that beautiful coloring.

Rick makes them look really small, like a mini, which is also a big draw for me.  but when I see them on the stove they look more like a standard grill pan.

Respected Contributor

Re: JUN 15 Le Creuset Grill pan

At this stage of my life, I don't cook enough to justify purchasing this. 

I'll stick with my Lodge cast iron pieces. 

Valued Contributor

Do you really grill that much on your stove top?  Since it's not seasoned, consider that it will have to be scrubbed gently or soaked, then washed.  I rarely use mine, honestly, and I love Le Creuset.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   @deeva @customerqvc2 

I realize it is not for everybody for a variety of reasons.

Its purchase for me chiefly was determined by how much I like to cook and if it has the features I prefer at a reasonable price point.  It was a purchase I just made happily during the replay of Rick  Domeier's midnight kickoff that ended at 4 a.m.

And LeCreuset's black satin enamel does NOT need any pre-seasoning and is designed, when used and cleaned properly, as the company directs, to build up a patina over time that will enhance its surface durability and non stick qualities and greatly reduce sticking and the need for excessive surface oiling.  I know because I have another of their skillets purchased here--a larger smooth surfacce one--with the same black satin interior that I've been using daily since July, 2019.

I don't look at the outlay of cash withhout considering the cost per use of an item and based on that I know it will earn back its price with its frequent use and reliable durability.

And prior to this purchase I did my online comparison shopping and, sure enough, it is being presented at QVC with around an $80.00 savings--$85.00 with the reduced shipping added in--and in a wider choice of colors, with my preferred deep teal not being widely available elsewhere, and no legitimate competitors with a lower price.

aroc3435

Washhington, DC

Super Contributor

My stove came with a grill pan as one of it's acessories. I rarely use it, so I won't be purchasing the Le Creuset pan. It isn't multi-purpose enough to justify the price.

Respected Contributor

I use a cast iron pan all the time.  It gives things the best sear and is a workhorse in my house.  I LOVE TO COOK.   I have a Staub and a Lodge pan.   This pan is too small.  It's just the 2 of us,  but when you sear things in cast iron,  you typically should not crowd them.  Crowding steams.   It's a beautiful pan,  but I would have wanted it to be a little larger.

Esteemed Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

Do you really grill that much on your stove top?  Since it's not seasoned, consider that it will have to be scrubbed gently or soaked, then washed.  I rarely use mine, honestly, and I love Le Creuset.

I had a similar pan from Staub. Heavy and a pain to clean. I have it sitting in the garage for my next donation.

Honored Contributor

If I was in the market for any pan or pot, I do not buy any that does not come with a lid.  JMO

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I too, prefer a pan that comes with a lid.   It does look on the small side too.  I have a few LeCreuset pans and I love them.  Mine are different size dutch oven pans.  I have a couple of Curtis Stone grill pans that I use sometimes but I usually will just go to a frying pan.  To me it doesn't make much of a difference.

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I had a similar pan from Staub. Heavy and a pain to clean. I have it sitting in the garage for my next donation.

I totally understand and agree with you.  I bought a Le Creuset griddle and a grill pan a few years ago (both as a TSVs).  The grill pan needs soaking and scrubbing with a nonstick scrubbie sfter each use.  I tired of the maintenance, so it sits in the back of my cupboard and rarely used.  I prefer cast iron because they are workhorses and require far less maintenance.  

The reason I bought my grill pan was that I owned, previously, a smooth top stove so I couldn't use my cast iron on that stove.  This home--I am cooking with gas, so no worries.