Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

JOSIE'S TSV ~ IF YOU HAVE USED BEFORE, IS IT

oily or greasy?  Does it absorb into your skin and not rub off on clothing?  They are saying it doesn't but I want to hear it from you guys that have really tried it and what is your experience.

I love BareEscentuals Faux Tan or Tartes self tanner.  I wonder if either of these will be a future TSV???

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: JOSIE'S TSV ~ IF YOU HAVE USED BEFORE, IS IT

Same here...looking forward to replies...I would think if it’s oily how the heck does it stay on? I find with self tanners if they don’t dry quickly you end up streaky or blotchy as eventually you have to sit or you may rub up against something that removes the product...

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried her sunless tanner when she first introduced this version last year and I can attest:  it is NOT oily.  It is very 'serum-like'  -  has the consistency of soy sauce.  It's scent was better than most, I'd say as good at disguising the tanner smell as St. Tropez, but as it develops you still detect that notable smell. 

I agree with the presentations that it develops into a very natural looking tan, leaning more olive toned like the BE faux. The scent I purchased last year was the pina colada which I liked.  The configuration was the tanner with a similar scented body butter (slightly illuminated). 

Yes it does absorb into the skin and it does not rub off on clothing (if used properly, no need to be heavy handed).

Super Contributor

Absorbs quickly and does not rub off. Very moisturizing. The only self tanner than doe not develop into a sickening smell on my skin
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogswrote:

oily or greasy?  Does it absorb into your skin and not rub off on clothing?  They are saying it doesn't but I want to hear it from you guys that have really tried it and what is your experience.

I love BareEscentuals Faux Tan or Tartes self tanner.  I wonder if either of these will be a future TSV???

TIA

Greasy and made me breakout. 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs, I shouldn't even comment because I have never used this TSV, but you know I love you. Ha! Have you used Josie's other products? I know sooooo many people love her body butters, oil, etc. But none of those products have worked for me because they just don't absorb into my skin. And I can't stand it. Interesting how we are all so different. I will say I do like the First Aid Beauty TSV moisturizer I bought last fall. It does sink in and temporarily makes my skin look a "little" less crepey. I hope others will continue to comment on this JM self tanner TSV for you. Truthfully, I've gotten lazy and given up on tanners. Gettin too old to care. LOL!

BTW, that picture of your Willoughby is soooooo cute!!!!!     

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped  Thanks for replying!  I actually use Josie's reserve oil and it does soak in.  They kept saying it was a dry oil, so I caved and am going to try it.  Her oils most likely soak in to my skin because I am like a raisin LOL.

That Willloughby is one BIG boy and we just love him!  We are finally getting his health issues under control since we switched him to raw.  I swore I would never do that - never say never!!  You haven't given in yet about getting a dog??

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs, hope this JM TSV will work out good for you. As I said, we are all so different. What works for one might not work for another. That's what makes the world go round!

Noooo, still just hanging with our lone boy, Calvin. Can't say I haven't been tempted. But I've probably mentioned before that we really worry how another dog might impact him. So, we are good for now. I wish Calvin could live forever. I dread the day...he's totally my hubby's baby and I truly worry how he will take it.

Boo...off of that sad subject now. Your Wills is so adorable! I saw those pictures you posted on another thread about a bad habit or two he might have. Those pics were sooooo cute! I know your heart is so filled with love for him. And glad to hear his health issues are much improved. And as you said, never say never...we will do just about anything for these pups of ours. Fur sure!

Best to you, friend!