Respected Contributor

J418534 American West necklace

This necklace is a Big Deal. Since the magnetic enhancer seems new for AW I am thinking it is the start of a new series. Wish there was a video.

Honored Contributor

Re: J418534 American West necklace

No thanks, magnets don't last forever.  Then it goes in the trash.  Give me a dependable enhancer bale.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem with a magnet. I'm wearing her changeable leather necklace. It has two magnets.

Trusted Contributor

I also have AW jewelry with magnets - a cuff bracelet and a ring, with the interchangeable stones on a magnet backing.  Both have held up great so far.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No thanks, magnets don't last forever.  Then it goes in the trash.  Give me a dependable enhancer bale.

I agree. I had a magnetic necklace (not AW) years ago. It came undone while I was shopping in B.J.'s. I won't take a chance again.

Valued Contributor

No more "magnetic clasps" for me either. Day one my bracelet came off in Costco, kept latching onto cart handle.
Respected Contributor

I've had a magnetic necklace for many years, and it's never failed me.  The magnetic part is on the front of it, not the back of the neck.  That might make a difference.  The magnets still work fine.  I don't think genuine magnets lose their force.  Maybe necklaces are better than bracelets which get bumped around.

Super Contributor

I have a funny story about a cheap bracelet with a magnetic closure.   The bracelet was from Charming Charlie,  I was in the restroom at work,  flushed the toliet and low and behold the bracelet came off my wrist and went down the toliet.   I couldn't believe it and thought oh no I hope I didn't break the toliet.   Made me laugh.   

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I've had a magnetic necklace for many years, and it's never failed me.  The magnetic part is on the front of it, not the back of the neck.  That might make a difference.  The magnets still work fine.  I don't think genuine magnets lose their force.  Maybe necklaces are better than bracelets which get bumped around.

@Another new name Sue    Many of us have had handbags with magnetic closures that gradually lost their magnetism and became useless because they wouldn't stay closed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@traveler  I saw a video when I clicked on the item number.  I think the necklace is beautiful!

I also love the jacket that Carolyn has on......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!