Valued Contributor

J370932 dainty affinity ring

I ordered one today in the yellow gold to wear on my index finger. I didn't want anything big. Does anyone have experience with these affinity rings??? I can see the stones are rated with flaws. They are small so I don't know if I should cancel it or not. Any ideas???

Honored Contributor

Re: J370932 dainty affinity ring

Six stones so each is only 5 points, so dainty would be the right word to describe it. It will look quite small on the index finger, may be more appropriate for the pinky. Just my personal opinion, but I prefer something with a bit more stone prescense. H color is fairly decent, I2 , yes that has flaws, but the stones are so small I dont think you will notice. It may be just what you are looking for, enjoy it in good health. 

Valued Contributor

I have several pieces of Affinity Diamond rings and pendants and never disappointed ...  mind you we're not talking Tiffany's quality, but pretty pieces that sparkle very nicely.  

Valued Contributor

I have never worn a ring on any finger but my ring finger. I want it to compliment a small diamond ring & enhancer on my ring finger. It may even fit my middle finger. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for your input. 

Honored Contributor

@DAD -

It does look very pretty online.

I did order an affinity ring long ago and it wasn't very impressive. I remember the stones being yes small but also not very sparkly.

I did return it.

But that doesn't mean this one will be bad. I guess the only way you will know is to see it in person.

I think I would rather a diamonique or something that I know will look really good, though it wouldn't be real diamonds.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I guess I'll just try it! I used to be very happy with diamonique & in fact I just found a pair I had given to my Mom at least 15 years ago. They have a great sparkle. I have tried a few pieces & they do not seem as nice anymore.

Respected Contributor

Your ring looks very sweet and would be perfect as an index ring and for stacking.  The stones are too small to really notice any flaws, but I hope they have a nice sparkle.  That would be the main thing for the purchase. 

When I was younger I used to wear a lot of those thin diamond bands and I have a few older Affinity rings.  Again, the diamonds are not the highest quality, but they were acceptable for my budget at the time!

It is always nice to have a few jewelry pieces with real diamonds and precious metals.