Contributor

Re: Item number for Jonathan Paul Fitovers tsv???

[ Edited ]

These are really cute, but the only problem I have with them is the obstructed peripheral view. This makes me nervous for driving in them.  I wish they had a side view lens like some of the other fitovers. 

Has anyone tried these? 

Honored Contributor

I'm still deciding on a color. I thought the green but it looks almost black on the male model. I don't think I want them (frames) that dark & then, close-up on the counter, they don't seem quite so dark.

So I am still not sure ...green, red, blue...???

Honored Contributor

@LilacLove wrote:

These are really cute, but the only problem I have with them is the obstructed peripheral view. This makes me nervous for driving in them.  I wish they had a side view lens like some of the other fitovers. 

Has anyone tried these? 

Good point about the peripheral view. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the black since I leave them in car so either DH or me would use them.  His usual pair has amber lenses which he prefers.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@LilacLove wrote:

Has anyone tried these? 

Good point about the peripheral view. 

I think this may end up being a deal-breaker for me. I need to be able to see to the side when driving. 

Honored Contributor

A269107 - Solarite Fits Over Comfort Band Sunglasses with Microfiber Case - is designed better for peripheral view. Costs less but it doesn't have as many color options.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Jonathan Paul fitovers in a different style and they fit well over my glasses.  There is no need for different sizes as they are very accommodating. My reason for buying this brand is that they don't  have that side lens.  I hate that look.  Rarely would you see regular sunglasses with a side lens. This is the only brand that has worked for me.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I have Jonathan Paul fitovers in a different style and they fit well over my glasses.  There is no need for different sizes as they are very accommodating. My reason for buying this brand is that they don't  have that side lens.  I hate that look.  Rarely would you see regular sunglasses with a side lens. This is the only brand that has worked for me.

Do you wear them to drive?

I have a couple pairs of sunglasses with wide arms (not as wide as these) and they can be annoying when driving because they do partly block peripheral vision. 

Esteemed Contributor

I own the fitovers from many years ago. I love them because they fit right over my glasses and make it easy to drive in the glaring sun. I love the colors of these glasses. These do not block my vision from seeing all around me.

Trusted Contributor

I have a pair of the "cat eye" shape and love them.  I don't like the shape of the TSV.  I hope they will bring in more of the "cat eye" shape in lots of colors.