Honored Contributor

Italian Jewelry Day -- Location Shows, Sort Of...

Today's shows, at least this morning, have all been outside with set designs resembling a little bit of Italy (free-standing and wall-mounted fountains in the background).

Then the videos of Italy are shown every now & then.  Presumably, they just used some location videos that QVC Italy provided, so that saves money also. 

[Funny how Jayne Brown complain about the mosquitos out there Smiley Very Happy  You'd think they would have planned to have a Dynatrap plugged in 20 feet away, with all the outdoor shows they've been doing lately. Smiley Happy]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Italian Jewelry Day -- Location Shows, Sort Of...

@Caaareful Shopper  That is really funny!

Honored Contributor

I guess Jayne left her Dynatrap plugged in at home!!

Thanks for the funny!!

@Caaareful Shopper

Honored Contributor

Isn't that just the normal QVC outdoor set?  Jane Treacy did her shoe show from outside last week and I swear it was the same set.

Funny about the Dynatrap.   

Respected Contributor

I was wondering where they were.

Honored Contributor

LOL!  They stick a resin solar fountain in the background and call it Italy..... how cheezy.

Esteemed Contributor

When they don't go to Italy people complain. When they do go to Italy people complain. No wonder they ignore us, lol!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

They should just film the Italian jewelry shows in La Lisa's backyard.  She has the space for it, LOL.

Trusted Contributor

Glad someone posted on this topic.  What time of year were/are the shows from Italy? Did Q just decide not to spend the money this year?  I think they definitely are trying to replicate the way the Italian shows appeared and that made me think they are not going this time as it costs too much. I do not are either way-I am just curious. 

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling it's pretty costly to do a jewelry show from Italy. I like the set outside and the models, vendors and hosts are dressed beautifully. I'm watching the show now with Jill and she looks lovely in that black dress, she has such great taste. Hair and makeup looks very refined and natural. Home run.