Super Contributor

It tsv sold out of shades last night, now they're back?

[ Edited ]

How did that happen so fast?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It tsv sold out of shades last night, now they're back?

Those are the cancellations. It happens on QVC and HSN.  More than likely the new price is only a few dollars difference, so if you missed out then purchase now.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Those are the cancellations. It happens on QVC and HSN.  More than likely the new price is only a few dollars difference, so if you missed out then purchase now.

This even happened with the Jose Moran TSV last Saturday as well. It can't be all the cancellation. I think QVC holds some back. 

Just call customer service and ask for the shade you want at the TSV price and I am sure you will get it. One or two days later, you will get the special pricing. I don't know about the Auto Delivery but you can try that.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus...that could be true but in my experience, cancelling an order is not so easy.....I tried to cancel shortly after a purchase and the system would not allow me to cancel the order.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen that happen before with other items. I wonder if there is a certain amount they will sell on a TSV and when that amount sells out they make it sold out. I've noticed that the TSV price many times is only a few dollars less than it will normally sell for. I have felt like I needed to buy something because it is a TSV only to find I didn't really save that much plus the end of day deadline makes you feel like you have to buy it quickly. Good selling ploy.
Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva

I bet you are right. It's probably a combination of both cancellations, and possibly holding a qty. back to be able to sell it at a slightly higher price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

I think that I read on these boards recently where someone tried to cancelled an item shortly after purchase and could not do it. The reason given was that it was shipping directly from the vendor and not the Q's warehouses. I tend to believe that because I have never had a problem cancelling an order.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus  I think they've changed their policy lately.   I tried cancelling under 12 hrs after I purchased and no dice!   It said in the process and it didn't ship until THREE DAYS LATER.  They just don't want the cancellations.  They'd rather have the returns.  I think they are betting that a lot of people won't return because of the postage. 

HSN locks the order at midnight and does not allow cancellations after that.  QVC is going that route...  even worse.  Has nothing to do with shipping from a vendor any longer.  It used to be that way,  no more.  They are just enforcing a stricter policy with a lot less flexibility.  Shame.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure some stock pops back into the system  not only from cancellations but from orders that end up not going through because of a credit card issue.

Please cuddledud lady can you make a fleese, hoodie, cardigan that is straight at the bottom and has a zipper??