Honored Contributor

It seems that Pop it is the same company as Origami?

In showing the TSV Pop-It shelves today, they keep referring to buying this product online at Origamirack dot com 

Does this mean that this is the same company as the other channel's Origami racks? Are they manufactured with the same specifications? The ones on the other channels claim to hold more weight, but I know QVC often under rates their items weight limits for some reason (probably to avoid issues and law suits).

I'd really like to know for sure if these are all made by the same company or not, and if they perhaps made QVC's to a different standard than those on the other channel (whether it is higher or lower). 

Anyone else pick up on this during presentations or have any additional input?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It seems that Pop it is the same company as Origami?

For the reasons you mentoned I would be afraid the quality isn't quite as good as the original Origami...

I have the ones from HSN...they are really sturdy ...solid shelving..I don't get the same feeling while watching the presentations on the Q.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone else mentioned, too, that these were the same manufacturer and that the only difference was their weight capacity...POP IT rated for lighter loads.

I believe it was @pretti2016 who mention this in the other thread in this TSV forum about POP IT.

Frequent Contributor

Origami just had a special on two large shelves with FREE shipping!!  The price was extremely good.  Many new colors.  I have the Orgami and I believe they are fantastic and strong!  This time they had a very pretty yellow but I stuck with my usual colors. What is the saying....copy cats only copy the best.

Honored Contributor

They could be the cousin to origami brand but I don't know. Kind of like buying the store brands instead of the name brand, less expensive but will do in a pinch. I have a Origami  bookcase that is much smaller in size that I found on sale at Wayfair for under $60 and free shipping. So check at those kinds of places before buying. The same bookcase was sold on H#SN for $99 yesterday.

Trusted Contributor

I own both brands and the QVC is of lesser quality than the HSN brand.  I would guess it is like most things these days…all made in China, likely by the same source over there, to a variety of standards & specs, different just enough to not be a legal issue, etc.  I know repair people say that is basically true of most washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc. and it is true of many products that are just plain knocked-off by the manufacturer in China.   But, the racks I got from QVC were of lesser quality, lighter weight metal, poor paint job, needed a rubber mallet to get it together, etc.  The HSN racks were much better and easier.  They were both priced the same at the time I purchased.  That said, both work…so you can pick which ever you want.  My recommendation would be the Origami over the Pop-It. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

I wondered about this last year when it was a TSV.  Some customers did a very detailed listing of the pros and cons between the two. I do believe they are made by the same company.  I have the Oragami from HSN. These shelves are very heavy duty. Perfect for the garage and very heavy storage.

I think you need to think about what items are you going to store and where you want to use it? Not everything I need to organize and store requires a 2000 lb limit. I need to be able to move it easily in or out of the space.  Both brands come in colors now. This looks much easier to remove from the box and get upright. The Oragami is heavy but they are both powder coated steel.

I have to admit that I'm still thinking about the pop up for my never ending Christmas storage project. It is so good to be get all of your items up off the floor and in full view so you can see what you have.  I like the shelf liners for pantry storage and gardenting tools.The wheels are my favorite. I am always rearranging and re purposing stored items. This makes it so much easier to do those tasks/projects.

Trusted Contributor

I bought from HSN. For what I needed them for,it was worth the $30.00 savings for s&h.

Honored Contributor

They don't hold as much weight so obviously are a lesser quality,  however,  they're probably still adequate for most household uses.   I can't imagine me putting more than 75# on a shelf.   I don't like Q's colors.   If they refer to them as Origami,  (which they did) they are made by the same company as HSN's.  They are the exact same design down to the hardware. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

These look identical to Origami that are on HSN. But these seem to have deeper shelves. I have an Origami kitche island cart with the butcher block top. I love it! Got at target though, not HSN, same price too. The only thing I don't care for is, the brand is embossed on the front of the block. Don't think they do that anymoreIMG_20170104_193431.jpg