Esteemed Contributor

with yRe: It’s LE Creuset not LA Creuset!

[ Edited ]

@SurferWifewrote:

Oh, good grief. 

I agree with you.    It is QVC job to correct her, if she needs it.   

Respected Contributor

Re: It’s LE Creuset not LA Creuset!

The french can keep their pots and their pronunciation as far

as I am concerned .....

Trusted Contributor

Saying La instead of Le changes it from a masculine article to a feminine.  (La and Le are simply the article "the")

I also don't like when I hear "Le" pronounced LAY.  

I can't remember the the linguistic and pronunciation letter combinations to show the pronunciation - it does rhyme with the French word "je"!  

Right now, I can't think of an English word that replicates the sound. A lot of people seem to have trouble pronouncing "le"

and, I remember in French class, a lot of students had to practice it.  (Ecoutez et repetez - listen and repeat!)

Super Contributor

@lizziefwrote:

Hey Mary Beth, David Venable finally got it right, please do as well! You’ve been a Q host for enough years, and supposedly use the product, please give the vendor the courtesy of pronouncing the name correctly- just sayin’. 😁

How you should really pronounce Le Creuset | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../How-REALLY-pronounce-Le-Creuset.html

Le Creuset is famous for its cast-iron cookware range, but its most well-known piece of kit is probably its classic Dutch oven in the traditional Le Creuset burnt orange colour The correct pronunciation of Le Creuset is say: 'luh-CROO-zay'.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I am wondering which  is worse, an English speaking person stumbling over pronouncing a French word or a person correcting another person in public for making the error in speech.

Hmmmm..one made a mistake in error, the other willfully committed a breach of

manners on purpose.

It shouldn't be necessary to correct a show host. This is their job, she isn't your neighbor talking over the back fence. Good Grief.

You’re right.  It is not necessary.  Who the heck cares anyway?   It’s a cooking vessel, not someone name.  Why take offense over something so stupid?

Honored Contributor

@lovemybichonfrisewrote:

@lizziefwrote:

Hey Mary Beth, David Venable finally got it right, please do as well! You’ve been a Q host for enough years, and supposedly use the product, please give the vendor the courtesy of pronouncing the name correctly- just sayin’. 😁

How you should really pronounce Le Creuset | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../How-REALLY-pronounce-Le-Creuset.html

Le Creuset is famous for its cast-iron cookware range, but its most well-known piece of kit is probably its classic Dutch oven in the traditional Le Creuset burnt orange colour The correct pronunciation of Le Creuset is say: 'luh-CROO-zay'.

According to the posting above MaryBeth is pronouncing it correctly.

Honored Contributor

You can find more than one way to skin this cat as the "proper" way to pronounce LE.   When I listen to French often it sounds like someone has a mouthful of marbles in any case or the last few letters of a word simply aren't there.   I find it a language that is very difficult to hear and understand.  I don't have that problem with German or Spanish.  

So I will cut anyone a little slack when it comes to pronouncing some French words--this one included. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I am wondering which  is worse, an English speaking person stumbling over pronouncing a French word or a person correcting another person in public for making the error in speech.

Hmmmm..one made a mistake in error, the other willfully committed a breach of

manners on purpose.

It shouldn't be necessary to correct a show host. This is their job, she isn't your neighbor talking over the back fence. Good Grief.

You’re right.  It is not necessary.  Who the heck cares anyway?   It’s a cooking vessel, not someone name.  Why take offense over something so stupid?

Yes, I'm so sorry, it is stupid , what was I thinking defending being correct ? Golly I'm so embarrassed. 🤔

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

EXACTLY! If you are going to be paid lots of money to sell an item, learn how to pronounce it correctly....geez. It's not a new item....and how about the producers providing feedback so the hosts can get it right. Do your homework!

Super Contributor

Regardless of what the correct pronunciation of LC is, it's OVERRATED and OVERPRICED.