Trusted Contributor

It’s LE Creuset not LA Creuset!

Hey Mary Beth, David Venable finally got it right, please do as well! You’ve been a Q host for enough years, and supposedly use the product, please give the vendor the courtesy of pronouncing the name correctly- just sayin’. 😁

Honored Contributor

Re: It’s LE Creuset not LA Creuset!

Oh, good grief. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

If you go to YouTube, you can find a short video of chef Vivian Howard confessing that she loved the pans , but was embarrassed to say the name. She finally learned the correct way, and it is a funny little video.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SurferWifewrote:

Oh, good grief. 

I honestly don't understand why one is dismissive of learning the correct way to pronounce a word. I always look up words that I'm not sure of, and if I was presenting on tv, you can bet that I would check it out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am wondering which  is worse, an English speaking person stumbling over pronouncing a French word or a person correcting another person in public for making the error in speech.

Hmmmm..one made a mistake in error, the other willfully committed a breach of

manners on purpose.

Respected Contributor

People are so cranky.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

I am wondering which  is worse, an English speaking person stumbling over pronouncing a French word or a person correcting another person in public for making the error in speech.

Hmmmm..one made a mistake in error, the other willfully committed a breach of

manners on purpose.

It shouldn't be necessary to correct a show host. This is their job, she isn't your neighbor talking over the back fence. Good Grief.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have noticed MBR is not very well prepared lately, she makes quite a few flubs, it was quite noticeable during the Irish shows. It doesn't surprise me she did not know how to pronounce a French name, she is lousy when it comes to anything out of the ordinary.

Valued Contributor

I have to agree on this one.  This is far from the first time it has been discussed.  Le Creuset is one of the most iconic brands in cookware.  It has been sold on QVC for years.  I do not think it unreasonable to expect a show host to pronounce the name correctly.  What I don't understand is why the Le Creuset vendor -- or somebody else at QVC -- does not speak with Mary Beth privately about the correct pronunciation.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWifewrote:

Oh, good grief.