Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

my niece  has been on that plan over a year shes still has not lost a pound  waste  of money .they show people who have lost weight lol its all air brushed ,

@elizabethl123- If your niece has been on that plan for over a year and hasn't lost a pound, she's either cheating (a lot) or has a medical condition (in which case, she should see her doctor).  She's also wasting a huge amount of money.  I wonder why?

Saying that everyone who's lost weight on it is airbrushed - I wonder how they do that with people live on air???  Like Mary Beth Roe's sister?

It's not my choice of diet, but essentially saying they're lying about results (which is what you're doing with no facts to back it up), is simply wrong.

If it works for someone and helps that person to start on a healthier life, good for him or her.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

A friend of mine lost 35 pounds in two months.  The program taught her to eat smaller meals - more fresh veggies and stop high sweets and between snacks.  If diet plans help people get started to better health - what's the problem?

The only problem I see is “she had to be taught to eat smaller meals”. Good for NS for making a killing off people for something so basic

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It is rather sad

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

A friend of mine lost 35 pounds in two months.  The program taught her to eat smaller meals - more fresh veggies and stop high sweets and between snacks.  If diet plans help people get started to better health - what's the problem?

The only problem I see is “she had to be taught to eat smaller meals”. Good for NS for making a killing off people for something so basic

I think common sense has left many in our society. They all want a quick fix but fail to realize they didn't gain the weight overnight. The minute people see 13 lbs in one month, people order. Truth be told, 1 to 2 lbs a week is the healthy way to lose weight.  This is why the diet industry has gained such notoriety in our society. Be smart and lose weight slowly. You have a better chance to keep it off. Make better food choices and try to exercise 30 minutes a day.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. These little changes will help you reach your goal.

Super Contributor

ah q-girl, a fellow wall walker!  It's difficult to "exercise" when other-abled so just move more somehow.  I did Nutrisystem and lost the Fast Five and a few more, just by eating their small portions and I was really pounding the chow.  Massive amounts.  So Nutrisystem helped me by checking myself.  Also, before I went on it, I was carb-free and Nutrisystem has lots of carbs and snacks and sweet and salty.  My favorites.  It can be helpful to some people.  I rather liked it for almost 2 1/2 weeks

Honored Contributor

Invent something for women that will make her think she will get thin, reduce aging, wrinkling, make her hair prettier, make up to make her look beautiful.  You will become rich and famous instantly, whether its true or not because she will pay any price for it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Occasional Contributor

I bought NS from QVC January - April 2017 and loved it.  Lost 30 pounds in 4 months and have kept it off.  What's sad about a company making and selling a product that helps people?  

Super Contributor

Even Marie didn't lose the weight with just NS. 

She was on Dancing w/the Stars and physically active with rehearsals etc. 

To her credit, she has managed to keep it off - which I think is the hardest part about losing weight.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I think common sense has left many in our society. They all want a quick fix but fail to realize they didn't gain the weight overnight. The minute people see 13 lbs in one month, people order. Truth be told, 1 to 2 lbs a week is the healthy way to lose weight.  This is why the diet industry has gained such notoriety in our society. Be smart and lose weight slowly. You have a better chance to keep it off. Make better food choices and try to exercise 30 minutes a day.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. These little changes will help you reach your goal.

@elated, I'm not so sure that weight problems boil down to the popular meme that no one has common sense anymore.

Food sustains us, but for many, it is an "addiction." And addictions/compulsions are very difficult, sometimes impossible, to overcome for some people.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@elated, I'm not so sure that weight problems boil down to the popular meme that no one has common sense anymore.

Food sustains us, but for many, it is an "addiction." And addictions/compulsions are very difficult, sometimes impossible, to overcome for some people.

Just to make sure my point is not misunderstood. Common sense tells a person that losing 13pounds in one month is very unrealistic. I was trying to encourage one to be honest.

I was not talking about food addiction. We all need to eat to sustain our quality of life. If you want something badly enough, it can be done. It is called mind over matter. You choose to be who you are and if you need support or help do so.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Just to make sure my point is not misunderstood. Common sense tells a person that losing 13pounds in one month is very unrealistic. I was trying to encourage one to be honest.

I was not talking about food addiction. We all need to eat to sustain our quality of life. If you want something badly enough, it can be done. It is called mind over matter. You choose to be who you are and if you need support or help do so.

I understand, @elated. It's possible, though, that some who are looking for some weight loss panacea do so precisely because they consciously or unconsciously are battling a compulsion or addiction.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland