Honored Contributor

That there are companies that make A LOT OF MONEY w/diet plans. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Hope springs eternal.

A fool and his money....

Esteemed Contributor

People do lose weight with Nutrisystem, as well as other diet plans.  The problem is being able to stick to those plans.  Some people just need a jump start for a month.  No matter, these diets might just be what someone needs to get started instead of automatically thinking surgery or some pill that can do harm.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

A friend of mine lost 35 pounds in two months.  The program taught her to eat smaller meals - more fresh veggies and stop high sweets and between snacks.  If diet plans help people get started to better health - what's the problem?

Valued Contributor

Nutrisystem,, the worst for your overall general health.

First off they ship out "the meals" without any cold-packs,

Twice they did that. I tossed them out.

The soups, bars and shakes, I understand the need isn't needed.

Second: Look at the amount of sodium in the products.

If you don't have HBP, you soon will after eating this stuff.

You pay a lot of money to get maybe a few pounds lighter..

Highlighted
Contributor

True.  What about just eating less and moving more?  

Valued Contributor

my niece  has been on that plan over a year shes still has not lost a pound  waste  of money .they show people who have lost weight lol its all air brushed ,

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

That there are companies that make A LOT OF MONEY w/diet plans. 

There are a lot more companies that make a whole lot more money selling unhealthy food in general. It's a matter of perspective and what is labelled 'diet food' can be somewhat misleading in many ways.

Trusted Contributor

Diets don't work only lifestyle changes do. You have to rethink your whole life and way of living. If you are not willing to change it forever you will never be healthy.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's sad that companies profit from people who want to lose weight.  I think it's sad that so many people don't understand the truth about weight loss and are look for "miracles".  If you drill down, the programs are all the same.  They reduce calories, sugar and fat and that will always lead to weight loss.  The real problem is those programs don't educate their customers on how to maintain that weight loss when they off the programs.  And they do that on purpose!  They are like all businesses, they depend on repeat customers.