Respected Contributor

Re: It cosmetics May tsv

[ Edited ]

It's been a few years since I tried the CC Cream but the Light was a bit too yellow for me, so wondering about the new Fair Light shade.  I also am curious about the coverage since they say it's a moisturizer but full coverage.  So, is it like a tinted moisturizer or like a light foundation?  I also don't see how a tiny pump is enough SPF for your face.

I'd normally be willing to try the serum and eye cream but I really have plenty of others I need to use up.  Will have to think about this one.

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@Souperkrys wrote:

Does anyone know what the difference is between the IT CC SPF 50 cream and the new Foundation with SPF 50? They are in the same tube and look very similar. 

I just watched a YouTube video where they compared the two.  She said that the CC Foundation cream was a little bit more matte than Bye Bye Foundation.  The Bye Bye Foundation, she said, has a bit more illumination than the CC Foundation, but not as much illumination as the CC Illumination formula.  Plus, the Bye Bye Foundation comes in more shades than CC Foundation.  The wear is nealy the same with the CC Foundation just edging out the Bye Bye Foundation, but not by much because both foundations wear pretty well, she said.  As far as coverage, the CC has a bit more coverage and the Bye Bye Foundation is a little bit more sheer--more like a true BB or CC cream usually is.  I hope that helps because I had similar questions, too.

So, I take it this means that flex formula they're making such a big deal about really isn't that big a deal?  I might be interested in the foundation when I run out of my CC only because I would like to try the Fair Light shade.  

Valued Contributor

I also am glad that they finally added fair/light as I used to have to buy fair and light and mix them.  I am not sure how many of each shade that they started with, but some shades are already selling out.

Honored Contributor

I don't need any more foundation but I just ordered this kit.  I hope I don't regret it!  I hate paying this much at one time for makeup items.  Never thought I would!  However, I wanted to try all of the items in the kit and thought considering all that was offered, it seemed like a decent price.  

I was excited about the new shade because I am fair and sometimes the lightest shade is too pale and then the next shade is too dark.  

I am hoping that the serum and eye cream will be items that really work for me.  I have a very hard time with eye creams as they irritate my eyes and/or they seem to pill.  As for the serum, I have been looking for something which has anti-aging properties to it but that is not overly heavy and expensive.  

As for the foundation, I am hoping it will have enough coverage for me.  I do need a decent amount of coverage, although I don't like it to look like a mask,  Well, if all of this is not right, back it goes, I guess!    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

i've been using the It Cosmetics Physical SPF50 CC Full Coverage.  Does anyone know how the TSV compares?  Sorry if this has been addressed already but with all these different names, etc.  I have to say I'm confused.  (cc cream, foundation full coverage moisturizer, etc., etc.)

Honored Contributor

@patticakes wrote:

i've been using the It Cosmetics Physical SPF50 CC Full Coverage.  Does anyone know how the TSV compares?  Sorry if this has been addressed already but with all these different names, etc.  I have to say I'm confused.  (cc cream, foundation full coverage moisturizer, etc., etc.)

I don't think the new tinted moisturizer has as much coverage as the CC cream, and it's more dewy.  The CC cream is more matte and is not as dewy and offers a bit better coverage. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"