Contributor

It TSV CC cream for Pink Undertone Skin

I've never gotten the It cosmetics foundation before and am unsure if I should get the CC cream choice in Fair or Medium. I have cool-toned (pink undertones) skin and look terrible with yellow-based foundations. I have brown hair and blue-green eyes. I have somewhat light skin but not porcelain. In Bare Minerals foundation, I wear Medium (the coolest of the shades-no yellow). Therefore, which shade if any would be best for cool toned skin, Fair or Medium???
Honored Contributor

Re: It TSV CC cream for Pink Undertone Skin

I hope you get some answers to your question, because I was wondering the same thing awhile ago. All the reviews I read said that if you are cool, this product would not be a good match. So, I didn't order. Maybe someone will post and say how they feel.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I'd like to know also.

Respected Contributor

I wear the Medium in the CC cream (from last time.)

I'm relatively cool toned: I have ash dark brown hair, medium fair skin, pink overtones and green eyes (dark green.). My hair is cool-toned, so much so that I have to use ash-toned hair color or I look odd. I do not look good in very peachy or coral blush.

I wear the medium in IT's previous CC cream and it's not overly yellowish. It's not pepto-bismol pink either, but it seems to work well. It is less yellow than Bobbi Brown's foundation sticks, if you can use that as a comparison.

I also wear Medium in Bare Minerals.

I did order this after all, because I'm finding the CC+ cream with SPF is really wearable and I need SPF. I have the cushion compact from the last TSV and wear it every day.

I hope this helps you.

Super Contributor

I am fair with pink undertones and also look terrible with the yellow toned foundations. I wear the fair. I tried the light at ulta because I don't think I'm as fair as the example they show on the Q. It's yellow and way to dark for me lol I hope you figure out the right shade for you! I'm a big fan of the CC cream
Regular Contributor

I don't think this will work for you. I have the same issue & tried Fair which was too light, the light is definitely yellow based, medium was too dark. There are some cosmetic lines that do favor one tone over the other & in everyday light, the IT CC's cream didn't work for me. I do not believe their sales pitch when they start pushing 'the universal' shade. That is beyond ridiculous. It's also so hard to judge on TV & they do not swatch on real skin to show the differences, so I stopped buying foundation on TV as tempting as the offer may be, as the return fees aren't worth it. It's better for me to go to Ulta or Sephora & see for myself before spending. I know not everyone lives near stores like this, but just a suggestion if it's convenient.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for asking. I wear fairly medium in Bare Minerals, and wasn't sure either. I can't wear BM medium as it's too dark. I guess my only option in IT would be fair?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Someone on one of the other threads posted swatches of the colors. The fair looks too light for me (med in BM) and the light looks quite yellow. And, there is a huge color gap between light and medium. Won't be ordering this tsv
Trusted Contributor

I was just reading Q and A's on this product and someone said that ALL of It has yellow undertones.

Contributor

I don't know if this will help at all, but I did the foundation match on Covergirl (I'm not sure I can link it, but search on covergirl foundation match) you can upload a picture and answer some questions to get a match. The thing I found most interesting was the undertones. I always thought I had pink, but they're beige - you determine them from looking at your veins on your wrist. They also ask questions on hair & eye color to come up with a match. I picked the IT foundation which seemed to match their answer. I ended up with light.