Respected Contributor

Im on the fence about the Foodie.  I like it.  But......it just seems so big!!

Honored Contributor

It just weighs too much for me to deal with.  Once it's in place, it's probably OK, but getting it in the house, out of the box, and on the counter...just wouldn't work for me.  Besides, IMHO, it's not very attractive-looking.  I know people love them, just not for me.

Trusted Contributor

I agree...it may be wonderful but it is just too big, too klunky looking and too heavy.  Counter space is valuable property in my kitchen and this would just not work for me for many reasons, no matter how good the food that comes out of it may be.  There are so many wonerful options these days, this is not one I will opt for in my kitchen.  I am sure it is just perfect for many others, but not me.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I like the 8 qt, size of the TSV.  The foodie is sold in smaller sizes elsewhere if you need a smaller size.

i would love to have one, but the reviews are not favorable, so I am hesitating.  There are a lot of complaints that the fryer lid is not removable.  You are supposed to just open it up out of the way and attach the pressure cooker lid.  It is difficult to clean the fryer lid that way too.

Many  people complained that it stopped working after a few uses or some iof the functions stopped working.  No help from the manufacturer.

i think I'll wait for the improved model.

Respected Contributor

Im sure the chicken comes out tender, but it doesnt look appealing to me.  Just not brown enough with the crispy lid.

Trusted Contributor

I have the 6 quart version and yes it is big and heavy.  Its great if you have room in your kitchen to keep it there permanantly.

I use it for the Crisping function often - cooking chicken breasts or pork chops without the outside grill or stove top.  Personally I haven't cared for anything which I've pressure cooked - something about the texture.

Respected Contributor

The way they shoot the camera angle, to me it looks like the size of a 55 gallon drum!!!

I jsut got rid of all kinds of one-trick-pony appliances..no more for me....

Side note....They always show pot roast. Pot roast is about the EASIEST thing to make on top of the stove or in the oven. Just use a nice chuck roast with some fat in it. ALL our Mom's made sunday pot roast in a large pot or even a large frying pan with lid.

Such gimmicks today!!!

Respected Contributor

Ive been watching all day...oh dear.  I like the idea of roastin the large chickens. I wonder then do you crisp it up then, remove it and make gravy in the pot?  Anyone know?

Valued Contributor

I placed my order this morning as I have been thinking of the Foodi for quite some time.  The airfryer appeals to me.

This afternoon I was at BJ's Wholesale Club.  They have a 6.5 Foodi for 169.00

I don't need a big 8 quart model.  It is big, heavy and just don't have any room.

I would consider the 6.5 cause its a good size for us.  Just me and hubby.

Came home and cancelled my order.

Honored Contributor

It weighs 26 pounds....about the same as a 2-yo kid.