Occasional Contributor

Re: Issac’s Upcoming Cardigan TSV

Can someone please tell me if Isaac Mizrahi's clothes run small or big? I am thinking of ordering TSV, but I can't decide what size to get. I am losing a lot of weigh (I am dieting and so far I lost 40 lbs). I used to wear size M/L when I was 170 lbs (I'm 5'10"). By the time I lose the rest of the adipose tissue, it will be way too late to return it or to exchange it. I like the TSV,  but I am unsure if I should order the item so far in advance. 

Esteemed Contributor

@azsunshine855 wrote:

Can someone please tell me if Isaac Mizrahi's clothes run small or big? I am thinking of ordering TSV, but I can't decide what size to get. I am losing a lot of weigh (I am dieting and so far I lost 40 lbs). I used to wear size M/L when I was 170 lbs (I'm 5'10"). By the time I lose the rest of the adipose tissue, it will be way too except for tees 'cause i like them very loose.  Certainly drop down a size from D&C.  Think he runs more like Lisa Rinna and Martha Stewart.  But, fit is tricky at the Q - cannot say for sure!Woman Wink

Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I never ordered any clothes on QVC, so I am not familiar with other clothing lines that are being sold here. At the stores I used to wear M t-shirts and L sweaters and jackets. I have 100 more lbs to lose. I'm down to 280 lbs. It took me 3 months to lose 40 lbs, so it will take a few more months to reach my goal. I love the colors of the TSV, but I'm hesitant to buy without knowing more about IML line.
Respected Contributor

@azsunshine855 wrote:

Can someone please tell me if Isaac Mizrahi's clothes run small or big? I am thinking of ordering TSV, but I can't decide what size to get. I am losing a lot of weigh (I am dieting and so far I lost 40 lbs). I used to wear size M/L when I was 170 lbs (I'm 5'10"). By the time I lose the rest of the adipose tissue, it will be way too late to return it or to exchange it. I like the TSV,  but I am unsure if I should order the item so far in advance. 

I have only a few things from him but I do not feel his clothes run big.  I have a few long cardigans I bought in size S and they fit true to size.  However, I would say maybe wait a bit before ordering.  I have been steadily losing weight since the beginning of the year and find myself in the predicament where things I bought just a month or two ago are now a bit big, and I feel like I should not have purchased so much stuff while still losing.  Live and learn

Contributor

I love Isaac's cardigans and basically live in them in place of blazers for more casual work days.  Long sleeves are great for winter, but 3/4 sleeves are the perfect option for me for spring, summer (I hate air conditioning!) and early fall.  When  I saw this TSV, I went to my sweater shelf to mentally inventory what I already have and I will admit I counted 17 other Isaac cardigans.  3 are solid colors, 3 are damask, 3 are paisley, 1 is a tile pattern and then there are the 7 florals.  How could I justify another one?  But this is so darn pretty.  I did notice that other than a soft jade peplum, all my other sweaters are neutrals or jewel tones.  So I bought the coral, which is summery and new for me.  It will go into heavy rotation with all of its sisters.  For those looking for sizing help, I am 5'6", 145 lbs. 38DD, size 10 pants, 12 tops.  The Medium fits me perfectly in IM. 

Respected Contributor

Now that I’ve seen this presented, I really want it, but it seems they’ve run out of some sizes and colors. I gotta check. It’s so pretty!! I’m a sucker for florals.

Honored Contributor

Pretty colors, but too pricey for the amount of time I would wear it.  When I ordered from Isaac (once) the items were too long and the sleeves were much too long.   Another pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@azsunshine855 wrote:

Can someone please tell me if Isaac Mizrahi's clothes run small or big? I am thinking of ordering TSV, but I can't decide what size to get. I am losing a lot of weigh (I am dieting and so far I lost 40 lbs). I used to wear size M/L when I was 170 lbs (I'm 5'10"). By the time I lose the rest of the adipose tissue, it will be way too except for tees 'cause i like them very loose.  Certainly drop down a size from D&C.  Think he runs more like Lisa Rinna and Martha Stewart.  But, fit is tricky at the Q - cannot say for sure!Woman Wink

That's weird - somehow 1/2 my post got lost and 1/2 mixed in w/your, @azsunshine855 !  Anyways, I'd get the small.

Honored Contributor

I noticed today (Sat. 5/11) that Isaac's TSV is still at the TSV price (they are doing that a lot now) and available in all sizes and colors except one.

Frequent Contributor

These sweaters are from a few years back. What about updated styles.