Trusted Contributor

Re: Issac’s Upcoming Cardigan TSV

This is not a "new" sweater for Isaac. He did the same one last year except the sleeves were long (not 3/4).

I can't speak to this sweater since it could be made with different yarn or could be thicker/thinner, but I have the black/tan one from last year and it is beautiful!

It matches so many things, dressy with a skirt, or just put it on with jeans, it works. Can wear it over a blouse or, as I did, just button it up as a top. The little scallops at the neck are just enough, not too much, but enough to wear sweater alone.

So many people have complimented it (strangers), and friends/family have asked "where did you get that sweater?". I picked the more muted of the colors only because I am not a loud color kind of gal, but the other choices are very pretty if you like color.

It washed up nicely. I just put it in a gentle cycle in washer and laid it flat to dry. I did not use the dryer because I find any sweater loses its body when dried in a machine but it might dry up well in a dryer. I just didn't want to chance it.

I have 2 of Isaac's cardigans and he makes nice sweaters. Cardigans are hard to find nowadays.

Respected Contributor

A cardi for a May TSV?, it’s almost summer!!

So,  you already know they will bring up chilly evenings when the sun goes down, or taking an evening walk on the beach, or the sea breeze on a cruise ship,  or the cold a/c in restaurants and theaters... etc ... etc ... etc ... 

Yep. I can already hear it all now. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Some of the prints are nice but doubt I’ll buy one.
Frequent Contributor

Unlike some posters, I like 3/4-length sleeves. I almost always have to roll up long sleeves and the shorter sleeve allows me to wear bracelets that get noticed, though the boldness of this print will certainly do that-lol! I'm a sucker for anything coral and I like this coral print but the price is way more than I am willing to pay. I have bought a few of Isaac's pieces. I like the quality on almost everything that I've purchased in his line. I'm just impressed that it's not a peplum sweater! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'I know', most women prefer 3/4 sleeves.

I like long sleeves (my arms are long-ish). 

This IM TSV is beautiful.  Love the color options.

Well, I guess I could wear a crisp white blouse underneath.

Jackie Stafford style, which I love.

@ROMARY I love Jackie's style and when she wears a white collared blouse under her cardigans. She always looks fabulous to me

Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

A cardi for a May TSV?, it’s almost summer!!

So,  you already know they will bring up chilly evenings when the sun goes down, or taking an evening walk on the beach, or the sea breeze on a cruise ship,  or the cold a/c in restaurants and theaters... etc ... etc ... etc ... 

Yep. I can already hear it all now. 

Yes, it's almost summer but it doesn't mean people don't wear sweaters or get chilly. My office is always freezing and I use my portable heater all year long. Yup, when it is 90+ degrees outside I have my office heater going and I keep a sweater on the back of my chair at all times.

Honored Contributor

Totally disagree with the original post.

I don't find it ordinary at all.  Typical IM, yes, but not ordinary.  At least not in the blue.  The blue appears to be vibrant, eye catching and striking.

Overpriced?  Not at all.  I have paid way more for a cardi from WHBM.  The few IM items I have are well made.

It isn't almost summer here!  By any means....mostly rain and barely mid 40's.

It is NEVER summer in this office!

I don't care for 3/4 sleeves much....makes me think it shrunk!  LOL

But I may consider this....

Trusted Contributor

I like this cardigan, I don't nEED another one so I'm going to "TRY" and be "STRONG" and not order.  I do like the black/neutral.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Isaac's clothes.  Everything I've ever purchased has been very good quality.  However, I've been disappointed that there is no originality in the last several TSVs.  It has been repeated designs with the only change being the fabric or sleeve length.

I do think this sweater is pretty in the neutral color and I have nothing like this, but it looks like so many other cardigans in his line.  For a TSV I also think it's overpriced.

As far as it being a cardigan, I love 3/4 length sleeves and I freeze at work so this would be good for me.  I would wear something like this over a sleeveless dress at work and with black pants or skirt.    

Honored Contributor

I like a 3/4 sleeve cardigan for Spring & Summer. I think these are pretty, but I already own a few printed cardigans from other stores. I really don’t need another one.