Esteemed Contributor

I see in the guide tomorrow’s special value are New Balance sneakers designed by Issac. Just wanted some opinions. I do not have the item number I think I saw them on home page for pre order.  I’m on the fence. Thanks in advance to any replies. 

Honored Contributor

I only wear sneakers for walking or on the treadmill.  There are zillions of brands of shoes with the comfort and support of sneakers without looking like sneakers.  These would be my choice.

JMO, I think the TSV will sell well.  But it doesn't interest me at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Issac New Balance shoes

[ Edited ]

@godi   The item # is A367816

I would have been interested in the navy option if the big 'N' on the side wasn't there...one of the deal breakers for me. The other issue is the poor reviews of another one of New Balance/IM sneakers - item # A357724. So this is an easy pass for me.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I would have been interested in the navy option if the big 'N' on the side wasn't there...a deal breaker for me.

All New Balance shoes have the N on the side.  That's my favorite brand.  I'm in the gym 6 days a week and I have way too many athletic shoes but I did order the green and pink in this shoe.  I have two more from Isaac's first New Balance show.  They are very comfortable.  I wouldn't run a marathon or do heavy training in them but they're fine for normal use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Issac New Balance shoes

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I would have been interested in the navy option if the big 'N' on the side wasn't there...a deal breaker for me.

All New Balance shoes have the N on the side.  That's my favorite brand.  I'm in the gym 6 days a week and I have way too many athletic shoes but I did order the green and pink in this shoe.  I have two more from Isaac's first New Balance show.  They are very comfortable.  I wouldn't run a marathon or do heavy training in them but they're fine for normal use.

@santorini  Which is why I have no interest in the brand. I have few pairs of sneakers...3 in fact...all white too. One is Nike, one is Dr Scholl's and the other is my husband's old 'all star Converse'. The brand name on all of them is much smaller in comparison or not visable at all from the outside.

The Nike's sneakers have 'Nike' written only on the inside of the top of the tongue and really can't be seen when I'm wearing long pants. Additionally, when I tie the shoes with a bow, most of the brand/logo isn't even visable.

The Dr Scholl's pair has the brand name on the inside of the sneakers!

DH and I can wear the same size shoes...LOL He wears a 10 in men's and I wear a woman's 10W. I wear his old Converse when I have to do yard work or when we go hiking/birding at the state/local parks.

I used to only wear Reebok for a few decades...from my 20's-40's...and their name brand/logo wasn't 'in your face' either.

That is just my personal preference Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No clothing or handbags with names or shiney hardware, logos or any other nonsense. I'm not advertising for their brand. Can't believe how many companies insist on branding merchandise. North Face is very popular for doing so....think there's many companies to many if you ask me. Imo.

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I see in the guide tomorrow’s special value are New Balance sneakers designed by Issac. Just wanted some opinions. I do not have the item number I think I saw them on home page for pre order.  I’m on the fence. Thanks in advance to any replies. 

@godi 

I looked at the reviews and did not see that many tha were favorable.  Although, NB shoes are normally very nice, I would pass on these.  They seem to be made specifically for Issac and not standard to NB.  I was in the market for a good sneaker and I've been checking around for a reasonably priced shoe.  I have the $150 Asics, but just wanted more comfort.  I ordered the Ryka Dash 3 which has turned out to be a very, very nice shoe. I also went today to my local Sketcher store and purchased the Sketcher Performance Go Walk 5 which is wonderfully comfortable.  I think I'll be quite happy with both pairs - one for stability (Ryka) and one for comfort (Sketchers).  

Respected Contributor
They’re cute, but I’ve never tried on a pair of NB shoes I thought we’re comfortable. Lots of people like them, but I’m not one of them.
Esteemed Contributor

I really hate New Balance shoes. Even their narrows are extraordinarily wide. I've tried to find a pair that I like since narrow athletic shoes are hard to find. They're all just terrible! The fit is awful.

Honored Contributor

NB work really well with orthotics if that’s a consideration for anyone. 

I don’t think the N really looks like branding. It just looks like part of the design and had never stood out to me as such. I don’t like obvious logos either.