Super Contributor

Re: Isaac seersucker dress tsv 3/24/23

The dress really isn’t bad. If it didn’t have stripes I would have gotten it. I would love to feel the material.
Super Contributor

Reminds me of House dresses my mom used to wear back in the day.

Contributor

@LovemyTeddy4 Love the cute Nordstrom’s seersucker dress!! Super CUTE for summer!!
Esteemed Contributor

I do not need another dress for around the house, and didn't order this one.  And, it is not a style that would look good on me.  But, I know that it will be perfect for others.  I thought the length was good on Mary Beth (she wore regular length), and the price wasn't out-of-line when you consider many of IM's T-shirts, etc., are $40 plus.  Hope any of you who ordered like it very much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Actually it does not look like June Cleaver at all.  She wore shirtdresses.

If you need something to throw on, it's fine, especially for shorter people on whom it wouldn't be too short.  

@Another new name Sue Maybe Mrs. Rayburn or Mrs. Mondello had one like that. June had the tiniest waist so she wore skirts or belted shirtdresses. Miss Landers could wear it to play tennis.

Respected Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

@ChillyTulip wrote:

@Secretariat1 wrote:

This is a 'designer' dress? It looks like something you'd wear if you worked at the pancake house. Absolutely hideous IMHO, ugh!

I said the same! It looks like a waitress uniform! 

What really gets to me is the arrogance of QVC/Isaac trying to pass this off to us as some kind of designer masterpiece that we should all fall in love with because Isaac designed it when all it is is a simple, cheap looking housedress with a designer label.  Who do they think they're fooling?

First of all, I grew up with a grandmother who wore a house dress and it looked nothing like this. Housedresses of yesteryear had buttons down the front and usually a belt. Secondly, no one called it a designer masterpiece. It has been referred to as a comfortable and cool dress for summer. 

Contributor

Watching the Q again and seriously I think Jane Traecy looks better than anyone I’ve seen in the Isaac TSV! She has the perfect body shape for it. And her hairstyle looks so good with it that she doesn’t need a scarf, cardigan or jean jacket either. Way to go Jane!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen  From your description of your Grandma's work filled day....she could run rings around today's YOUNG women in her "old lady" dress. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Ahhh...the seersucker smock.....crinkly, striped, retro....

I saw this offering at midnight and my immediate thought was my grandmother wore a  such a shapeless smock like this when she was 70 in 1967...we kids lived with her after my parents divorced....

She would wear one of these every day, a dfferent one....it's what old ladies wore then ...a housedress!!

She would cook,hang laundry, iron, clean all morning, and, at mid afternoon, moistened with a bit of perspiration and  dishwater and needing  a break on a rocker out on the porch on a hot summer day, would drink a glass of iced tea and reminisce about when she was a girl....already 60 years and another lifetime in the past....

Nope.

Too "old lady" for me....looks like an old lady "uniform"....or, with an apron,would look like a maid's uniform....a la "Hazel" from the sixties!!!...Or the maid on the Brady Bunch...!

Why, even Aunt Bee might be found in such a dress on a hot southern afternoon..,,,with pearls of course, as she beckons Andy and Opie to supper..."O Barney-! you come too !!!" as she pats her damp brow with a perfectly ironed hanky!!!!

If it IS real seersucker, it's probably nice and cool.....it was a nice fabric for hot days...!

I thought briefly of purchasing one....I hang laundry outdoors on a nice day ( l live in rural area....) and it might be fun to wear sans underwear while my neighbors ( one a single man, one a man who's wife NEVER appears outdoors, ever...they don't care for each other but I get along with both) are mowing thier lawns on a breezy day, and I'm reaching to hang those last few towels......

(I'm 67 and they're older than I ....so...I can dream, can't I? There's gotta be SOME reason I'm keeping myself in shape, although I'm beginning to wonder WHY....because now it's ME moistened with dishwater and sitting on that rocker on a warm day)...

Love your take on this and it reads like a delightful short story!❤️

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the cardigan over the dress, it covers it up and idk it just looks out of place with that kind of dress.