Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's Tee Shirts TSV 1/21

@traveler wrote:

I usually avoid 100% cotton because of shrinking and they hang on to stains. Does his Pima cotton shrink?

@traveler  I hang/lay flat to dry all my cotton tees.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@traveler wrote:

I usually avoid 100% cotton because of shrinking and they hang on to stains. Does his Pima cotton shrink?

@traveler  I hang/lay flat to dry all my cotton tees.

It has to me.  You have to baby this fabric more then your average 100% Tee shirt.  I purchased two items of Pima that shrank on me.  Yes, I hung them up, etc like all cotton I've had.   I decided afterwards not to buy anymore,  BUT....there are people who also bought his cotton, and they loved it.   Yet, all of the much more expensive 100% cotton tops I've purchased at Nordstrom has NEVER shrunk.  Go figure....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like 100% cotton and the sleeves but not the neckline.  I prefer something closer to the neck, either bateau or crew; otherwise, I would have purchased them.  

Honored Contributor

I like the red and blue/red stripe set, but I don’t like the price or curved hem line. I also prefer a cotton blend because in my experience 100% cotton shrinks a bit even when laundering according to directions. 

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Love L L Bean's 100% pima cotton's. Have never tried anything from Isaac, so don't know the quality. These tee's look cute; I like the sleeve length and the stripe. But I'm a LL Bean buyer all the way for pima cottons. 

Isaac's Pima is a beautiful, silky feel cotton.  They wash very well; I nver place my tops or pants in the dryer however and never experience wear and tear from washing. 

Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem

I'm right there with you.  Since I'm 5 ft tall, I don't have enough upper arm.  The sleeves come below my elbow.  Looks weird.  Bad fit.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Thank you for your replies. Think I’ll pass and look for my usual cotton blend.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I actually liked the black/white selection.  I did not purchase but I know the quality of his pima cotton tees and own several for the winter.  $25 for pima cotton is very reasonable.  I know JJill sells pima but it costs around $45 I believe.  Enjoy your tees.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I actually liked the black/white selection.  I did not purchase but I know the quality of his pima cotton tees and own several for the winter.  $25 for pima cotton is very reasonable.  I know JJill sells pima but it costs around $45 I believe.  Enjoy your tees.

@Katcat1. I own many of his Pima cotton tees...mostly winter...these are the first non-short sleeve ones I’ve seen for spring/summer. Can turn sleeve up a little if comes over my elbow. 

Valued Contributor

I caved and purchased 2 sets.  The Red and the Rosemary.  I have several of IM cardigans and love them.  Always looking for a nice V-Neck T and these will hopefully suit my needs.  

Helen852