Frequent Contributor

No petite? dissappointed.  Smiley Sad(

Trusted Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi cardigan TSV

[ Edited ]

I got this one last year in the black and white. I am only 5'1" in an XXS and it fits perfect. I thought it would too long but it isn't. It falls approx 2-3 inches above my knee. It is also proportioned so that the shoulders are perfect, the sleeve length was perfect.

If you are petite and worried, I would try it.

I absolutely love this sweater. The fabric is beefy, it isn't "hangy", it fits just perfectly. Very comfortable also. It is soft even though it looks like a coat.

I get so many compliments on it when I wear it. I have never worn it with a coat over it, so I don't know how that would look. I wear it Spring through Fall, even in the summer I wear it if I go into an air conditioned building and the weight of the fabric is not too hot in A/C.

Unless he changed anything in the knit of this (and on my TV it doesn't appear he changed anything), it is one of Isaac's better sweaters. He always make nice sweaters, but the weave of this one is just a little nicer,

I really like the tan plaid and the leopard this year.  I rarely get dressed up anymore since the pandemic as I rarely go anywhere now, but this sweater is timeless I believe.

The only thing I do not know is how it washes up. I have worn it a few times and have not had to wash it, but I would probably do on gentle and lay flat.

Respected Contributor

I am tempted as well but I have spent enough on holiday gifts and then some...my easy pays on this months statement  is well let's say easy does it.  Those 5 and 6 months easy pays seem to go on forever.  But I always pay my balance and that is the one condition my husband and I did set for ourselves. 

I do not need it or have any place that I am really going that I need it for.  Other sweaters will come and go.. I have some really nice tops I purchased this summer with hopes of going places but have not worn so hoping next summer will be better.  

Enjoy and I like the green and blue ones for me 🤗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks a lot like other sweaters he's done in the recent past. Didn't like those, don't like these.

What ever happened to sewing on a couple of buttons so that we can close these types of sweaters? He's not the only one, there are all of a sudden many who bring these bigger cardis but no one is putting closures on them. 

I want and need to be able to be cozier and warmer with a button or two or three so my sweaters are not flapping in the wind. So annoying.

Respected Contributor

@Peppu 

I am not surprised no petites.  Isaac rarely offers petite; usually only in dresses or pants. They will say it is fine and will just be longer.  I will pass; don't want it down to my knees.  Those long sweaters hang out of coats so I would not wear out in the winter so it's a waste of money.  

Honored Contributor

Only a fan of the black & ivory one. 

Respected Contributor

I love the green but I have to remind myself - where am I going to wear it this year since I’m basically staying home?  Plus since I’m shorter I have the problem of it hanging out of my winter coat unless I buy a full length coat to cover it.   Would be nice to be used in the fall when I didn’t need a coat. So I’m holding off. 

Respected Contributor

I really like this TSV. I like the red color-block, blue floral and emerald plaid but can't buy all 3 now so I think I'll buy the navy floral now and wait to see if the others show up in as-is at a later date.

Respected Contributor

I'm so on the fence about the blue floral.  I like the quality of Isaac's line.  I'm a jeans-and-t-shirt kind of girl so I just ordered the black and navy pima long-sleeve Ts.  Here in Florida, this cardi could be my winter coat, so to speak.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions.  We'll see how much it bugs me all day.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

I love the color combination of the red colorblock.  Something about those colors together is appealing to my eye.  Not sure what I would wear it with though.  I typically only wear black, navy or brown bottoms and I'm not sure I love this with black. 

I really, really like the matching sweater but I wish it was long sleeve and not a mock neck.  LOL

I already own a black and white open front cardigan from Iman so I don't need another.